EP45-UD3R Bootloop PLEASE HELPPP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45-UD3R Bootloop PLEASE HELPPP

Okay friends its been quite a while since I last posted here and you guys helped me get an E8400 to some insane speeds on this motherboard, to be honest, this is going to be my last resort for getting this board up and running because every time no one else would help or could give me a solution this forum has ALWAYS come through for me when I needed it most. I ask very sincerely for your help again. Now it seems I am having very bad difficulties. I traded a guy my E8400 for a q6600 and thats where all the troubles began. I got the chip and as soon as I put it in my PC I reset the cmos and pushed the power button. I immediately got the endless post reboot. So I acquired another q6600, yet again, the same circumstances, I put it in, reset the cmos values, and pushed the power button only to see the exact same thing. So after much trial and error I put in a p4 530, and it booted and ran fine. It was just as if nothing was astray. So I took the p4 out, reset cmos again and tried the original q6600, then tried the second q6600 again, then I tried to reset the cmos and try an e7200 dual core, and even the 7200 duallie does the boot loop. I Have the following parts to work with as far as troubleshooting goes.

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R rev1.1 (bios f11) (watercooled cpu, nb, and vregs)
    2x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066
    MSI GTX275
    and the following CPU's
    2x q6600 SLACR G0's
    1x e7200
    1x Pentium 4 530
    1x Celeron D 356 (engineering sample if it matters)

Please keep in mind I had a friend of mine run memtest for 24hrs on each stick of ram for me and they both check out fine.

I also saw how gigabyte released a new bios rev f12 that helps with 2gb sticks in the yellow slots. As soon as i read this i reset cmos took out 1 stick of ram, then moved the other to the red slot, no help at all.

Re: EP45-UD3R Bootloop PLEASE HELPPP

Can you borrow any of the following components to test with:
    • Memory, 800 or 1066MHz
    • PSU, at least 500W, preferably a high quality unit
    • PS/2 keyboard and mouse
    • Different graphics card, PCI-E or PCI

Do you have a case speaker hooked up to your motherboard? If yes, do you hear any error code beeps?
    How many boot loops ran until you powered off your system? Did you wait for at least 5 - 8 loops?
    What procedure did you use to clear the cmos? Did you remove the mobo battery? If yes for how long?
    How long did you jumper the clear cmos pins? Less than a minute? More than 10 - 20 minutes? Several hours?
    Did you try loading Optimized bios settings after clearing the cmos?
    Did you check for bent cpu socket pins each time you tested with another cpu?

You might need to test your system with the motherboard removed from the case, located next to your case, and the mobo resting on a cardboard box or several books.

Try booting with only one memory module installed, in memory slot #1 or #2.
    With 2x2GB of your Dominator memory:
    MCH Core voltage = 1.20 - 1.24 is probably required.
    DRAM voltage = 2.00 - 2.10 is probably needed.

Try following some of the recommended settings in http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post295784.

Please detail the brand and model numbers for your hardware setup (psu, cpu cooler, keyboard, etc.)
    Please add your detailed hardware list to your forum signature.
    If possible, try to post your bios settings using the P45 bios template.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Since pentium works and Core Duo/Quad not I'd start by looking at the CPU socket for bent pins.
      Last edited by Chike; 08-16-2010, 04:06 AM.

Comment

What power supply are you using?

I see Profjim suggested a new one for testing (Good thoughts my man!), this was my first concern.

Comment

Can you borrow any of the following components to test with:

* Memory, 800 or 1066MHz
          * PSU, at least 500W, preferably a high quality unit
          * PS/2 keyboard and mouse
          * Different graphics card, PCI-E or PCI
          I was only able to find a 2gb stick of super talent ddr2-667 to test with so far. I have a coolermaster 550w PSU to test with as well as my normal power supply which is an OCZ gamextreme 700w. I have tried both and both exhibit the same symptoms. I already have multiple PS/2 and USB keyboards and mice. I also have an ati hd5770 that I tried and exhibited the same symptoms. I also tried the coolermaster power supply, and the ati card, and 1 stick of ram (super talent) in various slots and still the same symptoms.

Do you have a case speaker hooked up to your motherboard? If yes, do you hear any error code beeps?
          How many boot loops ran until you powered off your system? Did you wait for at least 5 - 8 loops?
          What procedure did you use to clear the cmos? Did you remove the mobo battery? If yes for how long?
          How long did you jumper the clear cmos pins? Less than a minute? More than 10 - 20 minutes? Several hours?
          Did you try loading Optimized bios settings after clearing the cmos?
          Did you check for bent cpu socket pins each time you tested with another cpu?
          Yes I have a speaker mobo speaker hooked up. No post beeps at all.
          I let the system run for 11 hrs of rebooting so I think that should cover it.
          I have been using the onboard header to clear cmos by shorting the pins for 30 seconds. I even tried removing the battery for 24 hrs too. Keep in mind I did pull the cord from the psu and discharge the power from the board first by pushing the power button multiple times.
          Yes I loaded optimized defaults when I had it running with the p4 then immediately swapped to a q6600
          I have checked over and over again and no bent pins. I have always been very careful with this board as it has been my favorite lga775 board yet. I used a jewlers magnifying glass to check the pins under a flashlight from all directions.

You might need to test your system with the motherboard removed from the case, located next to your case, and the mobo resting on a cardboard box or several books.
          It already is on top of a java programming book covered in an antistatic bag

Comment

I find it rather interesting that both the pentium 4 530 and the celeron d 356 Engineering Sample both work fine in my motherboard but neither of the quad cores or the e7200 dual core work in my motherboard. Keep in mind that this f11 bios is the same bios I was using with all of this hardware before with my e8400. It seems very odd that it worked flawlessly for nearly 2 years with an e8400 and it wont boot with an e7200 which besides a smaller cache and slower fsb they are pretty much the same chip. They are both 45nm wolfdale cores. Seems odd to me.

Comment

It is my guess that the Duo and Quad use pins the pentium and celeron do not, have you checked for bent pins?

Comment

I assume that you're using an aftermarket cpu heatsink/cooler.
                Try booting with the stock Intel cooler.

I don't like to test with the mobo resting on top of the anti-static bag.
                I just tested my anti-static bag with my DMM (Digital Multi-Meter) and was surprised when there was absolutely no conductivity when testing the inner and outer surfaces of the bag.
                Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Ya the outside of the bag is where the static is suppose to "Go to" from the inside, so it's best to not use these bags to set things on for testing.

Just use your inner cardboard motherboard box, or similar.

Comment

Working...
                  X