Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte LGA1156 Motherboard with SATA3, USB3 implemented via PCIe Bridge Chip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte LGA1156 Motherboard with SATA3, USB3 implemented via PCIe Bridge Chip?

I would like to purchase a Gigabyte LGA1156 series motherboard that has SATA3 and USB3 interfaces implemented through a PLX PEX8608 PCIe bridge chip. The Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD7 does not suite my needs because it also contains an NVIDIA NF200 controller. Does Gigabyte have any plans to release such a product in the near future? Asus has many LGA1156 motherboards with this feature but I would rather by a Gigabyte board.

thanks,

Re: Gigabyte LGA1156 Motherboard with SATA3, USB3 implemented via PCIe Bridge Chip?

UD7 is the only model of P55 so far with A PLX chip, that I am aware of.

Why do you not want the NF200 chip? It shouldn't be hot or anything like that if that was what you were concerned with, unless you use it via Xfire/SLI

Comment

Re: Gigabyte LGA1156 Motherboard with SATA3, USB3 implemented via PCIe Bridge Chip?

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      UD7 is the only model of P55 so far with A PLX chip, that I am aware of.

Why do you not want the NF200 chip? It shouldn't be hot or anything like that if that was what you were concerned with, unless you use it via Xfire/SLI
      I only need two PCIe X16 2.0 slots that operate at X8 if both are in use. All the reports I have read on the NVIDIA NF200 controller say it runs hot, uses too much power and increases latency. Because I do not need its functionality I would rather buy a simpler board without it. I also wish Gigabyte would rethink their PCIe socket layout on their LGA1156 boards. The first PCIe X1 socket is useless for large cards because of the heatsink placement and the 2nd PCIe X1 socket is not accsessible when a dual slot graphics card is used.

thanks,

Comment

Ahh well in that case, I think most all of them support 2 x PCIE x8, so you could pick anyone that suited your other needs.

Comment

Working...
        X