Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boot Problem with GA-EP45T-USB3P (rev. 1.0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot Problem with GA-EP45T-USB3P (rev. 1.0)

I have 4*2GB of Corsair XM3 1600mhz 9-9-9-24 1.65v (cmx4gx3m2a1600c9). I want to place them all in the motherboard (GA-EP45T-USB3P), but I can only manage to put 4gb (2x2) to work. If I add a 3rd, a beep sound starts right at boot and pc won't boot (no image, just power,fans). I try placing them by order starting from the slot closest to the processor and then moving away, when i get to the third slot: "beep". If I add another to the 4th: beep. If I leave the 3rd empty and all the others with 2gb each, I get only 4gb detected with the 4th slot beeing totally ignored. Is there something I should do before moving from 4Gb to 6 or 8 that I'm ignoring? Do note: all 4 memories are working, since i've tested them in the first 2 slots. The problem is really getting to 6 or 8 gb using the 3rd and 4th slot.

Re: Boot Problem with GA-EP45T-USB3P (rev. 1.0)

Test both kits in slots 1 & 3, then one kit in slots 2 & 4.
    Run 6+ passes of memtest86+ each test.
    Seems like there is a problem with slot 4 and maybe 3 too, those tests should confirm which.

Comment

Cannot boot with 1&3 or 2&4. Can only boot with 1&2, with memory working as single channel. It looks like the system powers off, and then beeps. Can it be a bios setting issue, something I should change, such as voltage?

Comment

With one stick load optimized defaults then set
        Code:
        Performance Enhance...................: [STANDARD]
        Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.).....: Disabled

MCH Core�����.....1.100V...........: 1.2 <<< try up to 1.26, then less than 1.05-0.95v
        If you still cannot boot with 2 sticks in dual-channel mode than those slots are probably defective and you will have to RMA the board.

Comment

With given specs and voltages got the usual beeps as well as no image, just power and fans. Placed back the modules at slots 1&2 and works 100% stable but in single channel.

Do you think RMA the board might be the only way out?

Comment

Originally posted by manuelp View Post
            Do you think RMA the board might be the only way out?
            You may be able to find a 2x4GB kit but why spend more money and have less performance if you have a defective board?

Comment

And using only the first 2 slots means I'm confined to single channel?

Comment

Ye that's what I meant by less performance.

Comment

Thanks a lot for all the help so far.

Think i'll take the PC into a store for a closer look-up, maybe do some tests with other ram modules just to be sure.

If indeed is the board as it seems, I might have a warranty issue, since my PC is now with me in europe, and the board was purchased in the USA... not sure how a gigabyte rma would work this up. Shipping the board in and out would take ages and about 40% of its cost.

Comment

Working...
                  X