Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ep45 ud3p wont post, persistant bleeping, reboot loop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ep45 ud3p wont post, persistant bleeping, reboot loop.

Hi guys, new here, but i have a problem with my pc. Its been set up and working fine for 2 years, but the other night, it crashed, and started making a weird low pitch growling noise through the speakers (onboard sound being used).

After that, it rebooted once fine, no problems, now it posts maybe 1/20 times, and actually loads windows maybe 1/50 tries, but it always ends up crashing. Most of the time, when turned on, it either turns on, all lights on mb/ram and all fans come on fine, and there is no video, it stays like this for about ten seconds, then reboots, and same thing happens. Other times, it will beep in quick succession, maybe 15 times, then reboot. Other times it crashes at the post screen (where you enter bios). other times it crashes when windows is loading. Most common is the bleeping or no post.

Because there is such a wide range of symptoms, and nothing has been changed, i cant diagnose this, any help would be much appreciated, i've had a search, but as i said, i cant diagnose it cause its so temperamental. Would post spec, but as its been running, i don't see how it will help, if anyone needs to know i'll find out. Cant remember off the top of my head, it is overclocked (dont think i've changed the mem, but proc was 3.16ghz standard, now running 3.6) It has been like this since new.

When it did get to windows the once, all temps were normal (below 40c) and in bios, again, temps normal.

Really stumped me this, going to strip it down and rebuild it, see if that helps. All i've tried so far it leaving it off the power over night, and pressed the power button before reconnecting to power. Dont know where to start! Thanks in advance guys

Craig

Re: ep45 ud3p wont post, persistant bleeping, reboot loop.

Oh, and board is rev1.0

Comment

try removing the mb battery for 30mins atleast,then put back and try booting up
      Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
      Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
      Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
      1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
      1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
      Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
      K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
      L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
      Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
      Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

will that reset cmos? only i cant remember any of the stock settings, was such a long time ago.

Cheers, Craig

Comment

yes,if you go in the bios and make a note of the settings before you clear it then you can load optimized defaults after clear cmos and then re-enter any bios/overclock settings

it will wipe any overclock and reset to default bios settings when you clear cmos/remove battery so you will have to go through each bios page and write your settings down before you clear it so you can re-enter them later
          Last edited by wazza300; 07-25-2010, 11:09 AM.
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

Thanks for that, cmos battery is currently out, going to try that. its been suggested that it could be the sata controller? as this would explain the temperamentality?

Cheers, Craig

Comment

No luck with the battery or changing sata ports + controllers. Its a sequence of 22 beeps, all equal time apart. There are 2-5 cycles of 22, rebooting between, before it shows a post screen, cant tell if its crashed on the post screen, or waiting for command, as I haven't a ps2 keyboard spare. Any more ideas are appreciated. I've also reseated the memory and graphics card.

Cheers, Craig

Comment

do you have a spare psu to try?? try with just one stick of ram installed,not sure which slot on that mb,but mine its first white slot from cpu socket,check in bios that its set to ide and not ahci or raid mode
                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

It just got past the post screen and it said

"Warning: main bios checksum error
                  Retrieving recovery source from hpa...

Detecting ide drives"

Any ideas what this means?

Comment

corrupted bios maybe,if you can get to the splash screen you can press end key and re-flash the bios but make sure keep dmi pool data is unticked,then it will rebuild it when you re-boot,only if your stable from withing q-flash though

flashing using q-fash you will need a usb stick formatted in fat32 and just the .bin bios file on it

p.s. if you dont wanna try that then try leaving battery out overnight,sometimes it needs overnight to fully clear the cmos

any ide dvd drives installed or hdd's?? check the cables data/power that there fully plugged in
                    Last edited by wazza300; 07-25-2010, 01:04 PM.
                    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                    Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

haha, after all that it was a bloody stick of ram, maybe a mobo slot, apparently 22 beeps is a memory error

Taken a stick out, and im on the pc atm. You dont know where i can find some decent settings for this board, running an E8500, 8800GT, and 2, possibly 4 GB of ballistix, 800mhz, 4-4-4-12. Cheers, Craig

Comment

just make new thread asking for settings,i dont know that board so i cant really help,chike or some other users will help you find stable settings though when they come on

atleast you found what the problem was
                        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                        Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Well, thanks for all the help mate! your a legend.

Have a nice day

Craig

Comment

Multiple fast beeps, 22-23 if tRD setting too low (Static tRead Value).

Set this manually to a higher value with one stick installed, then save and reboot then shut down and put in your other stick

Comment

I've tried both sticks seperatly, one is dead. But thanks all the same :)

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X