EX58-DS4 BIOS flash, now no boot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EX58-DS4 BIOS flash, now no boot.

Just one last quick question - is a checksum alphanumeric? I wanted to double check "C100" was 4 digits.

Comment

Thanks for letting me know which you used, and glad it was easy for you!

Since those are released within days from each other, and so long ago, I think they are both fine. I'd go ahead with a reflash on F11

Yes alphanumeric, sorry I didn't mentioned before. I would go ahead and redownload that file you want to flash, just in case your last download was corrupted or something.

Do you remember the checksum from before your last flash? If you do is it the same for the same new copy of the file?

Better yet use this BIOS, I know this BIOS would be good to use and it much newer.

F12g

I always use the latest Beta and never final ones posted on the main site unless asked by someone to test something, so it will be fine to use.

If you do happen to run into the same issue again, recover the board and flash a midway BIOS just in case the flash from F3 is causing this issue but it shouldn't be though.

Comment

Just an update- I flashed to 12g and everything seems to work. The checksums were different but I assume that is because I used different versions (I initially tryed F11 then F10 as you suggested (I didnt go through with the flash), then F12g).

Something weird did happen though, after I cycled bios a few times setting the settings as suggested in the guide once I was done when I initially allowed it to boot it came back with a Main BIOS error and I think it restored from the backup. (the same screen from when I shorted the main came up - dottet progression bars and an increasing counter number)

Was the backup BIOS updated to 12g? in the post screen it still says it is bios version 12g, is there a way to double check this? or is it pretty solid that if post says 12g its 12g...

Comment

Great to hear the update went smoothly! Yes the checksum will always be different, just always be sure it is 4 digits, otherwise do not flash.

You mean recovering MAIN BIOS to backup, or recovering backup BIOS? This happens sometimes with certain BIOSes, as the Qflash is updated so both BIOSes must be flashed and it happens automatically once you are done messing around and try to let windows load.

I assume that is what happened you mention since you were flashing a very old BIOS I am sure Qflash has been updated a few times since then. You can check in the BIOS and I bet both are now F12g, press F9 on the MAIN page of the BIOS and you will see MAIN and BACKUP BIOS versions listed in the system info box.

Comment

Working...
          X