p35-ds3r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p35-ds3r

my friend told me last night that his system freeze without any reson even the system at idle or at stress doesn't matter
    , he has no overclock all settings at defualt what it could be ?,
    the system freeze suddenly with no reason (mouse and keyboard freeze) .
    can someone give me a tips how to test from the beganing (software burn ... memtest...etc).

why the northbridge at 50 c is it overheating at idle but the cpu at idle at 37c????????????

Kingston KTC1G-UDIMM
    intel e6750
    thermaltake tr2 rx 450pp
    gainward 8800gt
    hitachi 160gbyte
    gigabyte p35-ds3r latest bios (its not the problem because the problem happen after update bios)
    windows 7 7600 32bit without sp1
    Last edited by gasan; 07-14-2010, 08:25 AM.

Re: p35-ds3r

It might be faulty memory or memory settings, I'd start with running memtest86+ overnight
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Comment

thanks for the replay i will try

Comment

Let us know how that goes, is he setting the ram voltages himself or not?

If not he needs to set them to spec for the memory, and raise NB voltage if this is 4GB

Comment

ok i did about 10 pass in memtest without any errors and today i got the computer stock (freeze)
          what should i do now

Comment

damn it happen to me sometime its not everytime i turn it on
            can some one tell me whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
            i test my pc with 3dmark 2003 with highdetails for about 4 hours without break and the next day with occt full details without freeze !!!!!!!
            its so wired

Comment

reset cmos to clear all bios settings.
              then boot at default bios settings.

Comment

The bios sometimes boots with Static tread of 1 less than it should if left on auto, just look the Memset or Everest:Chipset. Whereas the chipset is still cool it will boot and even be operational for a while, even pass 2 minutes stress testing, but eventually fail and reboot. I think all P31 P35 chipsets are infestated with that problem that is why I migrated to P45. It was working by manual settind of the Static Tread, but still 1 in 10 times it would loose capability to cold boot keeping the overclock. But you say that it freezes witch could also be MCH overheat or overvolt.

Comment

what is static read what should i do ????????????? do you now that problem , is that problem happen to all p35 ?????

Comment

Static tRead Value is a setting in your BIOS, the BOLDED one below

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________
                    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________
                    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______
                    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________
                    Rank Write to READ Delay________
                    Write to Precharge Delay_________
                    Refresh to ACT Delay______________
                    Read to Precharge Delay__________
                    Static tRead Value_______________ <<< This One
                    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto]

Set to 6-7 for under 400 FSB

Comment

i think you are right because its happenn to me sometime
                      look when i bought the pc with my 8800gt all was works and fine .
                      when i turn pc on you now 8800gt run at full speed at startup for about 3 seconds because motherboard want to check if the fan of graphic card is colling enought the GPU so all was works great.
                      so after 2 years the problem begin . when i turn pc on at the startup the fan works at full speed for about "10 SECONDS" and after that i get bsod nvlddmkm.sys
                      so when its 10 seconds i know that i will get the bsod so its not a drive and i did memtest about 12 pass without error.
                      how to know if it a problem with psu or motherboard

Comment

so when i first turn pc on my northbridge temp is 36c and after 2 hours it reach 50 c is that ok or normal

Comment

i dont have timing optins in bios

Comment

On the MAIN page of the BIOS press Control + F1, the screen will flash a little bit, then go into the MIT page and you will see all settings I mentioned.

What MCH Voltage are you using? That does sound warm for the NB, you might want to add a fan to it and or redo the thermal paste under the heatsink, if you do that be sure you use NON Conductive paste such as TX-2, MX-2, or Ceramic.

And this BSOD (nvlddmkm.sys ), as I said before, is ONLY caused by Nvidia GFX Cards. You said money is not a problem, why didn't you buy an ATI Card yet?
                            Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 07-20-2010, 02:23 AM.

Comment

all at auto no overvoltages all at auto

Comment

Working...
                              X