GA-EP45_UD3R rev. 1.1 GEST Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45_UD3R rev. 1.1 GEST Error

Hello to everyone and sorry for my english is not very good, I will try my best.
    I have board type GA-EP45-UD3R rev. 1.1. I have installed GEST (Dynamic Energy Saver Advance), but I get and error when I try to turn it on. The error is "UpdataBiosSetting function value = 85 failure!! Mapping 1".
    I have the latest version of drivers install from the gigabyte page and also the last bios update F12. I have windows XP professional.
    Can someone help with this error?
    Also I have to say that if I install the other version, the first one of GEST I also get error when trying to open it and activate it.
    If I close the GEST with out turning it on I get same error but with number 80.
    Thanks very much
    NZXT Lexa blue edition
    Intel E7400 Wolfdale 45nm
    GA-EP45-UD3R Rev. 1.1 - Bios F12
    Kingston Hiper X (KHX8500D2K2/2GN) 4 Gb
    XFX GTS 250 - 1024 core edition
    Corsair TX750
    Noctua NH-U12P SE2
    Cool Drive 4 Cooler Master
    Western Digital 200 Gb
    Seagate 200 Gb
    Samsung 320 Gb
    Windows 7 64 Bits
    LG Digital Sound 5.1

Re: GA-EP45_UD3R rev. 1.1 GEST Error

C2/C2E State Support and C4/C4E State Support are disabled by default in BIOS. Set both to enabled.
    C4/C4E state is a more enhanced power-saving state than C2/C2E. This item is configurable only if the C2/C2E State Support option is enabled.

Comment

You must also use the latest BIOS for your board, you can find that here

Please DO NOT USE @BIOS to update, use Qflash, here is a guide

Then also uninstall the version you have installed and install the latest version from here
      Motherboard - GIGABYTE

Comment

Thanks for answearing, as soon as I get home I will try this setting in bios. Las time I flashed my bios y did it with q-flash and the verson I have now is F12 which I think is the last one. Also I downloaded the las version of dynamic energy saver.
        First time I installed it, it worked fine, and bios setting were as default, so if I change settings c2/c2E and c4/c4E to eneble it will work good?
        Also one last question, do you think that is good to install that, I mean GEST? Is that I am not sure if it will make my pc slower or something?
        Thanks Reggie, Lsdmeasap
        NZXT Lexa blue edition
        Corsair TX750
        Noctua NH-U12P SE2
        Western Digital 200 Gb
        Seagate 200 Gb
        Samsung 320 Gb
        Windows 7 64 Bits
        LG Digital Sound 5.1

Comment

sometimes it doesnt fully un-install so go in program folders/gigabyte/gest or des and delete the folder,then install it again
          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ok I have changed C2/C2E and C4/C4E and I get same error, I have also changed only C2/C2E and also get same error:

UpdataBiosSetting function value = 85 failure!! Mapping 1 (When it is set to on)

UpdataBiosSetting function value = 80 failure!! Mapping 1 (When it is set to off)

Any suggestion??

Thanks to everyone
            NZXT Lexa blue edition
            Corsair TX750
            Noctua NH-U12P SE2
            Western Digital 200 Gb
            Seagate 200 Gb
            Samsung 320 Gb
            Windows 7 64 Bits
            LG Digital Sound 5.1

Comment

I don't use it or recommend it really, especially if you are overclocking. If you want to be green though and save $2-3 over a years time then you can use it if you want

Comment

Unistall GEST, it is useless. It does save 2 watts, just because it lowers voltage by 0.02V. Phases number switching is a myth, My CPu consumes as much power with 6 phases as it is with 2 phases in idle, hardly 2-3$ ever, well at least on my board. Disable C2E and C4E, these throttle Frequency to 700Mhz and voltage to 0.85 that doesn't always work in a good way, many programs don't seem to be able to get it out of this state and work in throttled mode, like Cod WF2 while it plays the animations, power saving modes could make pc less responsive by constantly changing frequencies and voltages, it is useless. Well I had C2E and C4E enabled for a long time, system can operates at one Power phase in Idle, and they don't need GEST, i love them, saves 7watts compared to C1e C2E C4e disabled all together, but hate having glitches and crashes because of that. If you enable C2E C4E and GEST at the same time, remember that you get 0.02V less, well that is enough to render system unstable if cpu is OC at 400FSb for example, at system startup it could damage the system files.

Comment

Thanks for all the answears, I think I am not going to install it, since I have so many problems making it work.
                  Should I only leave C1E enable and C2E, C4E disable? or should I also disable C1E? I also have EIST function enable, should I leave it like that or should I change it?
                  Thanks to all
                  NZXT Lexa blue edition
                  Corsair TX750
                  Noctua NH-U12P SE2
                  Western Digital 200 Gb
                  Seagate 200 Gb
                  Samsung 320 Gb
                  Windows 7 64 Bits
                  LG Digital Sound 5.1

Comment

The energy saving software won't work if you are overclocking your E7400. You also need to set up your power scheme in the Windows Control Panel.

You can disable it all if you choose. The first BIOS Screen allows you to save and load different BIOS configurations. If you can get it working you can name the BIOS profile EnergySav or something else.

Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST) allows the system to dynamically adjust processor voltage and core frequency. That also needs to be enabled to use the GEST. I personally don't use GEST, but GEST should work with the stock CPU settings.

Comment

Working...
                    X