Ga-ep45-ds4 loop reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-ep45-ds4 loop reboot

Hi. I've a serious problem with my pc since yesterday (the system was ok for about 1 year).
    Yesterday, I put the OS (vista x64) in suspend mode, then i can't boot the system.
    When i power on, the system would attempt to boot up for about a second and then shutdown right away. A half seconds later it attempt to try again on it's own, and then shutdown again after about a second. It kept doing that in a continuous loop, until I cut the power from the PSU. When the power is off, the ACPI LED S4/5 is orange. When i power on, the ACPI LED S4/5 turn off, the ACPI LED S1 become green. Then the CPU LED blink blu and the machine reboot. And so...

Here is the configuration:
    PSU: Enermax Liberty 500W
    MB: GA-EP45-DS4
    RAM: 8 GB (2 x Corsair Twin2X 4096-8500C5D Dominator EPP)
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
    HD: 2 x Western Digital Caviar RE 3 500GB 16MB(RAID 0)
    HD: Western Digital Caviar Re3 320GB 16MB SATA-II (OS, Vista x64)
    VIDEO: Sapphire Radeon HD 3870 - 512MB PCI-E

I tried:
    - Boot without a video card
    - Boot with only one DIMM
    - Change the PSU (with a 400W)

I also tried the enermax on other machine, and it works.

What do the problem can be? CPU? Or the motherboard (I read that there are some people with similar problem, but in my case the system was ok until yesterday)?

I haven't yet clear the cmos, because i'm fraid to lost the raid... But clearing the cmos, could resolve the problem?

thank you

gius80

ps sorry for my very bad english, I hope you understand...

Re: Ga-ep45-ds4 loop reboot

Another thing: when I power on the system, all the CPU Loading LEDs light on.

Comment

You need to be 100% stable and be using the latest BIOS to resume from S3 sleep, just so you know why it failed.

All you need to do to get out of this loop is clear the CMOS, please use the long method I outline in post 2 here

Comment

I solved the problem removing the cmos battery for about 5 minutes.
        Thanks for your help!

Comment

Nice to see you got it going!

Comment

Working...
          X