Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-X58AUD7 Rev. 2 !

Hi,

I was wondering what will be the differences (hardware wise) between rev 1.0 and rev2 of the GA-X58A-UD7.

Thanks!

Re: GA-X58AUD7 Rev. 2 !

looks like they cahanged it fron 24 phase to 16 phase and added
    Dual Power Switching
    The industry's first Dual Power Switching design for delivering better durability and longer component lifespan. When Dual Power Switching is activated, 2 sets of 8 power phases operate in tandem, automatically turning on one set of 8 phases and powering down the other 8, allowing the non active set to rest. Dual Power Switching ensures that each set of phases share the power workload, effectively doubling the lifespan of the phases.
    Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown cooled By Swiftech APOGEE GTZ CPU waterblock
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 Water Cooled
    Corsair Dominator 12GB (6 x 2GB) Model CMD12GX3M6A1600C8
    2 Gigabyte GTX 480 in SLI
    6 Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM in Raid 0
    2 Plextor sata Blu_ray Drives Model PX-B320SA
    Ultra X4 1200 Watt
    Thermaltake Armor+Thermaltake Bigwater 760 IS
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
    Creative Gigaworks 750S 7.1 Suround 700 watt
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Comment

GA-X58A-UD7 Rev.1 vs Rev. 2

Thanks for the reply!

I am wondering...

Is this statement regarding " better durability and longer component lifespan" implying, that soon we (UD7 rev.1 owners) will come across problems either with the motherboard or the peripherals plugged on it because of the "hardcore" 24phases structure?

Few months ago I had a few "issues" and took me a while until I managed to make my 1250w Enermax PSU cooperate with the GA-X58A-UD7. Still during the discussion with Enermax personel (excellent support!) they mentioned the following:

"Today, we use oscilloscope to measure this Gigabyte MB's boot up current draw behavior, and found interesting graphic. We will report this issue to Gigabyte FAE, and hope they can make correspond correction. "

Link:
      REVOLUTION85+ 1250w POWER GUARD RED LIGHT / BlackOuts - Page 3 - ENERMAX Support Forum

So, I am wondering if Rev.1 of this marvelous motherboard GA-X58A-UD7 is going to cause problems in the near future...

Comment

i would think not
        there are lots of board out there they all act differently to some power supplys for some reason

as with your case a bios update might fix your problem if gigabyte put the fix in the next bios
        Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown cooled By Swiftech APOGEE GTZ CPU waterblock
        Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 Water Cooled
        Corsair Dominator 12GB (6 x 2GB) Model CMD12GX3M6A1600C8
        2 Gigabyte GTX 480 in SLI
        6 Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM in Raid 0
        2 Plextor sata Blu_ray Drives Model PX-B320SA
        Ultra X4 1200 Watt
        Thermaltake Armor+Thermaltake Bigwater 760 IS
        Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
        Creative Gigaworks 750S 7.1 Suround 700 watt
        Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Comment

No guys what the rev2.0 essentially does is provide a different VRM for people that will heavily overclock Gulftown...like LN2 benching guys etc. The board also has the On/Off charge feature.
          GIGABYTE Australia

Comment

Working...
          X