Blown board!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown board!?

so basically i was play a game before and my pc just goes off but also the safety switch for the electric supply was tripped too but i could smell a faint sense of burning from the case but i cant really see anything so im completely confused as to whats hapened

also now its all dead no power so im not even sure it is the board but the smell came from near the 12v socket but my pc has great airflow too to stop overheating but if this helps a few times my pc has froze with a high pitched "squeal" sound from my speakers

thanks,

Re: Blown board!?

Might as well be the PSU have you any other to test with?

Comment

yes soundslike psu(power supply unit) has blown,esp if its tripped the electric meter switch,maybe it wasnt powerfull enough to run all your components or just worn out with time?
      Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
      Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
      Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
      1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
      1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
      Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
      K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
      L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
      Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
      Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

sounds like power supply to me as well

when getting a new one be sure to get one that is big enough to run all your hardware
        Intel Core i7-980X Extreme Edition Gulftown cooled By Swiftech APOGEE GTZ CPU waterblock
        Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 Water Cooled
        Corsair Dominator 12GB (6 x 2GB) Model CMD12GX3M6A1600C8
        2 Gigabyte GTX 480 in SLI
        6 Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM in Raid 0
        2 Plextor sata Blu_ray Drives Model PX-B320SA
        Ultra X4 1200 Watt
        Thermaltake Armor+Thermaltake Bigwater 760 IS
        Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion
        Creative Gigaworks 750S 7.1 Suround 700 watt
        Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Comment

I would test with another PSU before you decide anything, do not test this current PSU in another system though

Comment

Thanks for the replies it was indeed the PSU thankfully corsair has replaced it :)

Comment

Nice to see you found the issue!

And I take it no other hardware was damaged? If so, great!

Comment

Well at first it seems not but im not really sure now since everytime i play any games after anything from 10mins to about 70mins the system just locks up put with a high pitched "squeal" sort of sound coming from the speakers

Ive noticed that the voltage with LLC enabled and when the power saving is enabled on the CPU the voltage is pretty much close to its max which is odd games seem pretty fine but then i this just happens out of nowhere some im lost at whats causing it the temps under load seem well within normal limits things ive checked

Memory test overnight Passed
                HDD tests Passed
                Removing Kaspersky Internet security 2011
                Adjusting voltages for NB/FSB/CPU

Everything is set as it was correctly and was stable but now its just crashing even on games like half life which has never happened

Any ideas?

Comment

Could be your settings is all, did you replace it with the same PSU? If so it could just be this PSU is not good for your board

Comment

try giving the cmos a good long clear by removing mb battery for 30mins or overnight,save all bios settings beforehand,then load optimized defaults,re-enter bios settings and see if it still does it,you dont know whether the psu blowing corrupted anything?
                    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                      Could be your settings is all, did you replace it with the same PSU? If so it could just be this PSU is not good for your board
                      Its a corsair TX750W PSU it was replaced for another by corsair which is brand new 750w is more than enough for my system but the system performs fine until it just crashes far as ive seen everything looks in good shape no burn marks or anything blown but it is odd that the CPU voltage is high when idle wonder if the blown 8pin could of affected it?

Comment

it will be high at idle if c1e and eist are disabled,makesure you select balanced in win7 power saving profiles too
                        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                        Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Is this X58 board? If so I think I have seen a few users with issues and that PSU, might want to try a different brand or model.

Fine until a crash doesn't mean anything either, it still could be your settings. Have you stability tested when it is running?

Try 5 passes or so of memtest86+ 4.1, and Prime95 for 4-10 hours and see if it is stable, you can get them both here

Comment

Working...
                          X