System Refuses to Boot into AHCI Mode, Wont Even Boot From DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Refuses to Boot into AHCI Mode, Wont Even Boot From DVD

My current motherboard is a GA-MA785GM-US2H, I have had it for a while now and until now I hadn't really had any need for it so I hadn't bothered to set the system into AHCI mode. Well now that I need it, it wont let me boot, Windows 7 crashes before it can load, which I figure is just because it was installed in IDE mode. However, I can't boot into a DVD while set to AHCI mode either. I've updated to the newest BIOS hoping there was a fix but no luck. Any ideas?

Re: System Refuses to Boot into AHCI Mode, Wont Even Boot From DVD

What port do you have your disk connected to? I am not familiar with AMD boards, but you should try it on the first (SATAII_0) port, whichever controller that is.

Then put your CD/DVD player on the last controller (SATAII-4 or 5), or the other smaller set of controller ports.

And of course update to the latest BIOS if you are not using it already, if you do update please DO NOT USE @BIOS, use Qflash or DOS here is a guide.

Comment

I had done that and it still would refuse to boot. I have updated my BIOS too. It's really odd that it works fine on IDE mode though...

Comment

I can tell you that some systems will not boot to CD when in AHCI mode, so you might need to install in IDE mode and then enable AHCI after the install.

That is easily done using the following registry changes, make these changes after your install and then you can go change the BIOS setting anytime you want (Windows 7 and Vista ONLY)

Enable switching between all IDE/AHCI/RAID modes by changing "Start" Values in these keys to 0
        Code:
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci\Start
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide\Start  
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStorV\Start
        If you are already installed and want to save yourself from doing a clean install just to use AHCI you can, just make the above changes and you will be all set.

Comment

Working...
        X