Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EG31M-S2 Bios problem..........

Hello....
    Recently got a new MOBO for a friend of mine.... And it's lan wasn't working so i thought i could fix it up by flashing bios..
    1) Tried @BIOS...
    This is what i got while updating 4rm server...

and this while uploading from the bios i downloaded from the gigabyte's site....

When i save the bios using @bios the resultant bios his a size of 0 KB... WTH...

2) QFlash....
    i create a bootable usb.. Qflash successfully showed the bios which i copied in USB..... but when i started flashing the bios it again gave me error "incorrect bios size"...... Qflash says it must be 512Kb where as the one i downloaded from web was of 1MB......

3) Cpu-z
    Cpu-z was not showing my board details.... i updated the cpu-z but same result.... But in the boot up i screen i noticed one thing that my board model is GA-EG31M-S2 but in boot screen it was showing some model like G31M-ES2C FF.... and again the same wrong model in @bios......

Then i downloaded the bios of G31M-ES2C and tried to flash it but again unsuccessful.... this time it says programming failed......

Plz help me and sorry for poor language
    Never forget "ThE lEmOn"

Re: GA-EG31M-S2 Bios problem..........

for flashing the bios with q-flash open the 1mb bios file and extract just the .fxx file to the usb stick

why isnt the lan working? did you update lan drivers??
    Last edited by wazza300; 07-01-2010, 12:47 PM.
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
      for flashing the bios with q-flash open the 1mb bios file and extract just the .fxx file to the usb stick

why isnt the lan working? did you update lan drivers??
      tried all driver..... it's clearly mention on the right side of the site (4rm where i downloaded bios) LAN issue fixed.....

And can u tell me how to extract that .fxx file
      the name of the bios is EG31MS2.FA
      Never forget "ThE lEmOn"

Comment

post a link to the bios and ill extract it and upload it for you
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

post a link to the bios and ill extract it and upload it for you
          ohh....... Thankx......
          here's the link http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/Mothe...S&FileID=14897

and i hope u don't meant like this

Never forget "ThE lEmOn"

Comment

sorry its not letting me open the bin file to extract it,you just extract it to desktop after downloading it,then open the 1mb file with winrar and then extract it to desktop,then use that file on usb stick
            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
            Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

sorry its not letting me open the bin file to extract it,you just extract it to desktop after downloading it,then open the 1mb file with winrar and then extract it to desktop,then use that file on usb stick
              let me test it......
              Never forget "ThE lEmOn"

Comment

makesure its the right bios for your board, i think you would fix lan problems with a driver update
                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

makesure its the right bios for your board, i think you would fix lan problems with a driver update
                  tried all.......
                  Qflash again gave me the same error incorrect file size.......

i can't understand one thing the bios which i downloaded from site is of 1mb........ and my board wants 512kb..... aNd other thing that i've check the boxes, the board itself its model is GA-EG31M-S2 and boot screen shows some other model is there any way to force flash the bios
                  Never forget "ThE lEmOn"

Comment

This board far from being new, where did you get it from? Might be that it was flashed with a wrong BIOS before.

Comment

Yes, please verify what model name and what revision # is printed on the board PCB, sounds like it might have been flashed with the wrong BIOS before.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                        Yes, please verify what model name and what revision # is printed on the board PCB, sounds like it might have been flashed with the wrong BIOS before.
                        On the motherboard and the box it's clearly written GA-EG31M-S2 and revision 2.0....
                        Never forget "ThE lEmOn"

Comment

And another thing the rom size of my mobo is 1Mb and the rom size of other mobo is 512KB.... how it is possible..... QFlash doesn't allow us to flash bios which size is not the same......... Is there any way to flash it back?? I mean force flashing..... if yes then tell me plz.........
                          Never forget "ThE lEmOn"

Comment

Thanks!

Looks like you or someone who owned the board before you flashed the wrong BIOS into it, this can happen sometimes with @BIOS (Which you SHOULD NOT BE USING)

Latest BIOS for your board is FCd
                            GA-EG31M-S2 (rev. 2.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS

Do you have a USB Stick? If you do can you please enable Legacy USB Storage support in the Integrated Peripherals BIOS section, and USB 1+2 in the advanced section.

Then leave the USB Stick installed with a BIOS file on it and it must be formatted to FAT32, then go into Qflash via the End Key at bootup and tell me if you can see and navigate your USB Stick. If you can, then yes I can help you correct this.

You would need to make your USB Stick bootable, how to do that is outlined in the Qflash guide here

Once you have done this please test your USB Stick to ensure that you can boot from it to DOS and get to the A Prompt. To test please leave in the USB Stick and reboot, then hit F12 at bootup to get to the Boot menu screen, then choose HDD+ and on the next screen choose your USB Stick by name and it will boot to DOS.

Once you have verified that works and your USB Stick is booting to DOS let me know and I will PM you how to flash the board back to the correct BIOS

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                              Thanks!

Looks like you or someone who owned the board before you flashed the wrong BIOS into it, this can happen sometimes with @BIOS (Which you SHOULD NOT BE USING)

Latest BIOS for your board is FCd
                              GA-EG31M-S2 (rev. 2.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS

Do you have a USB Stick? If you do can you please enable Legacy USB Storage support in the Integrated Peripherals BIOS section, and USB 1+2 in the advanced section.

Then leave the USB Stick installed with a BIOS file on it and it must be formatted to FAT32, then go into Qflash via the End Key at bootup and tell me if you can see and navigate your USB Stick. If you can, then yes I can help you correct this.

You would need to make your USB Stick bootable, how to do that is outlined in the Qflash guide here

Once you have done this please test your USB Stick to ensure that you can boot from it to DOS and get to the A Prompt. To test please leave in the USB Stick and reboot, then hit F12 at bootup to get to the Boot menu screen, then choose HDD+ and on the next screen choose your USB Stick by name and it will boot to DOS.

Once you have verified that works and your USB Stick is booting to DOS let me know and I will PM you how to flash the board back to the correct BIOS
                              I tried.... i used HP software to install boot files.... USB was successfully booted when i selected the bios in the qflash it gave me error incorrect size
                              Never forget "ThE lEmOn"

Comment

Working...
                              X