X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingston hyper-x memory problems with ga-ex58-extreme

Alright. so here are my specs.
    Mobo-ga-ex58-extreme
    cpu-i7 93(with IC diamond 24carat thermal paste)
    hdd-1.5tb seagate
    psu-ocz modstream 700watt
    heatsink-venomous-
    memory-KHX2000C9D3T1K3/6GX(2000mhz cas 9)
    Monitor-Dell S2009W
    case-apevia x black cruiser with 6 fans(3x80mm;3x120mm)
    Alright so my bios read its has 4 gigs of memory and its speed is 1066. I know I cant get to the default settings 2000 but I want to get to at least 1866 if possible w/o overclocking(i am saving that for later). Also how can I make my bios read 6 gigs.
    Thanks

Re: Kingston hyper-x memory problems with ga-ex58-extreme

first you need to test each stick one at a time in each white slot one at a time,if all the modules are ok and the slots are ok you will boot into windows from each white slot and with only one stick,test each stick to makesure you dont have faulty module,you might be able to run ram at 133bclk and 14x memory multiplier if it goes to 14x cant remember,you will need to manually set the qpi/vtt voltage to atleast 1.30000v and ram voltage to either 1.5v or 1.66 according to ram spec
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
      first you need to test each stick one at a time in each white slot one at a time,if all the modules are ok and the slots are ok you will boot into windows from each white slot and with only one stick,test each stick to makesure you dont have faulty module,you might be able to run ram at 133bclk and 14x memory multiplier if it goes to 14x cant remember,you will need to manually set the qpi/vtt voltage to atleast 1.30000v and ram voltage to either 1.5v or 1.66 according to ram spec
      Alright I tested each one and they all worked fine. What should I do next.

Comment

is it just on cold boot ups that your seeing 4gb? if you reboot when pc is warm does it show 6gb then? raise qpi/vtt to 1.3volts and set dram voltage according to your ram then see if it shows 6gb did you test all the sticks in all the slots one at a time? not just in one slot?
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

is it just on cold boot ups that your seeing 4gb? if you reboot when pc is warm does it show 6gb then? raise qpi/vtt to 1.3volts and set dram voltage according to your ram then see if it shows 6gb did you test all the sticks in all the slots one at a time? not just in one slot?
          Alright so I have set the qpi/vtt voltage to 1.3/ The dram voltages to 1.65. I have also tested all the sticks. Also the memory multiplier is at 14x which gets to 1866 or around there. It still is showing 4gb in bios. Just to check. I go to standard cmos features right?

Comment

its in the m.i.t section, yes it will show the amount of ram installed in the bios not sure what section(i have to look) but it will say 6144 installed,you can also look in windows in task manager and resource monitor,but it should show 6gb in bios too

are you using cpu cooler with backplate? try 1/4 turn to loosen a little as too tight can cause memory problems,or even re-seating heatsink/re clamping cpu can help
            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
            Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

its in the m.i.t section, yes it will show the amount of ram installed in the bios not sure what section(i have to look) but it will say 6144 installed,you can also look in windows in task manager and resource monitor,but it should show 6gb in bios too

are you using cpu cooler with backplate? try 1/4 turn to loosen a little as too tight can cause memory problems,or even re-seating heatsink/re clamping cpu can help
              I adjust the settings in m.i.t but i can look at my stuff liek ram and hdd in standard cmos features. Also in task manager it is only showing 4gigs. So how do I fix it?Any other suggestions. I have tried all slots with each stick.

Comment

did you buy the motherboard and memory at the same store/vendor? maybe you should bring your m/b and memory back for their checking.

Comment

Originally posted by yshuwen521 View Post
                  did you buy the motherboard and memory at the same store/vendor? maybe you should bring your m/b and memory back for their checking.
                  No I didn't mobo was online and memory was at frys electronics

Comment

Alright so I went a little exploring for myself to try to solve the problem and might have gotten a little farther. So i went to cpu-z and looked at the memory tab the timings were wrong. it said they were 7-7-7-20-1. Those weren't right so I went into the bios and changed the memory multiplier to 12x for 1600mhz and also changed the timings to 9-9-9-27-1. I noticed something weird though. In all the channels there was a number for the timings except for channel c which had a number only in cl(cas) and the other ones in channel c had dashes. Any Ideas whiy this is happening?

Comment

This means you either have bent CPU socket pins, or incorrect voltages. The C channel, or any channel at any time showing NA or - means the channel is failed.

Please give your full current settings and I will advise back, likely you need to set your uncore, QPI/Vtt, and ram voltage properly

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                        This means you either have bent CPU socket pins, or incorrect voltages. The C channel, or any channel at any time showing NA or - means the channel is failed.

Please give your full current settings and I will advise back, likely you need to set your uncore, QPI/Vtt, and ram voltage properly
                        Do you want all the settings in the m.i.t?Also I am positive that there aren't any bent cpu socket pins.

Comment

Ok, that's good you are sure you do not have any bent CPU pins, hopefully you are correct!

Yes, please give me your current full settings in a template from my signature.

What cooler are you using? And are you sure it is tightly mounted but not too tight, and it is not shorting anything near the holes or around the socket on the front of the board, and the backplate is not shorting anything if it has a back plate?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                            Ok, that's good you are sure you do not have any bent CPU pins, hopefully you are correct!

Yes, please give me your current full settings in a template from my signature.

What cooler are you using? And are you sure it is tightly mounted but not too tight, and it is not shorting anything near the holes or around the socket on the front of the board, and the backplate is not shorting anything if it has a back plate?
                            I am using thermalright venomous-x. Its mounted fully at maximum(adjustable weight thingy) it has a backplate and it doesn't look like any shorts. Here are the settings
                            Code:
                            Advanced CPU Features:
                            CPU Clock Ratio ................................ [21x]
                            Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech .................. [Enabled]
                            CPU Cores Enabled ............................ [All]
                            CPU Multi Threading .......................... [Enabled]
                            CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) ................... [enable]
                            C3/C6/C7 State Support .................... [Disabled]
                            CPU Thermal Monitor ......................... [Enabled]
                            CPU EIST Function ............................ [enable]
                            Virtualization Technology ................... [Enabled] << Disabled if you do not use Vmware or Virtual PC Programs
                            Bi-Directional PROCHOT ..................... [Enabled]

Uncore & QPI Features:
                            QPI Link Speed .............................. 4.8ghz
                            Uncore Frequency ..........................3.2ghz
                            Isonchronous Frequency ..................[Enabled]

Standard Clock Control:
                            Base Clock (BCLK) Control ................ [Enabled]
                            BCLK Frequency (MHz) .....................133
                            PCI Express Frequency (MHz) ........... auto

C.I.A.2 [Disabled]

Advanced Clock Control:
                            CPU Clock Drive ..............................[700mV]
                            PCI Express Clock Drive ................... [700mV]
                            CPU Clock Skew ............................. [0ps]
                            IOH Clock Skew ............................. [0ps]

Advanced DRAM Features:
                            Performance Enhance ...................... [Standard]
                            Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) ......... [Disabled]
                            System Memory Multiplier (SPD) ........ [12x]
                            DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD) .......... [Manual(expert)]

Channel A + B + C

Channel A Timing Settings:
                            ##Channel A Standard Timing Control##
                            CAS Latency Time ......................9
                            tRCD .......................................9
                            tRP .........................................9
                            tRAS .......................................24

Below values may be left in Auto if you like, generally this is fine.  For those users who DO Set advanced timings manually, please see some of my thoughts and findings about these settings and rules here
                            XtremeSystems Forums - View Single Post - Gigabyte EX58-UD5/Extreme Discussion Thread

##Channel A Advanced Timing Control##
                            tRC ........................................auto  (Should be = tRAS + tRP or above for stability)
                            tRRD .......................................auto
                            tWTR ......................................auto (Must be Write to Read Delay/Same Rank - (tWL + 4)
                            tWR ........................................auto
                            tWTP .......................................auto   (tWTP Must = tWR + tWL + 4)
                            tWL ........................................auto    (tWL Must be CAS Latency -1)
                            tRFC .......................................auto
                            tRTP .......................................auto
                            tFAW ......................................auto
                            Command Rate (CMD) ................1

##Channel A Misc Timing Control##
                            Round Trip Latency ...................auto

B2B CAS Delay ..........................auto

Advanced Voltage Control:

CPU
                            Load Line Calibration ................. [Disabled]
                            CPU Vcore ...............................auto
                            QPI/VTT Voltage 1.150v ............1.295v
                            CPU PLL 1.800v .......................auto

MCH/ICH
                            PCIE 1.500v ...........................auto
                            QPI PLL 1.100v .......................auto
                            IOH Core 1.100v .....................auto
                            ICH I/O 1.500v .......................auto
                            ICH Core 1.1v ........................auto

DRAM
                            DRAM Voltage 1.500v ..............1.640v
                            DRAM Termination 0.750v [AUTO]
                            Ch-A Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
                            Ch-B Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
                            Ch-C Data VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
                            Ch-A Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
                            Ch-B Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]
                            Ch-C Address VRef. 0.750v [AUTO]

Comment

That may be too tight, have you seen the thread at OCN about those possibly ruining sockets?
                              Prolonged Use of the Venomous X May Cripple Your CPU Socket! *LGA Socket Warning* - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

This may or may not affect everyone, but I know after I saw that if I was using it at max I would back off a bit to a more moderate amount.

If you are using RAID, please see the flashing guide for my tips on loading optimized defaults with RAID

Then once you are done give me your new full settings and I will advise back

You may be ok though, I see plenty wrong with your settings. First of all you are using Fail Safe BIOS settings, this is not good to start with so I wont advise yet.

Please load optimized defaults and save/apply and reboot back to the BIOS, then set your SATA/Disk settings how you had them before, be sure you do this before you load windows (VERY important if you are using RAID)

Then give me your new full settings and I will advise back

Comment

Working...
                              X