NTFS partions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTFS partions

I have a GA 7VT600 1394 that has F4 bios. I planned on installing and purchased a All-in Wonder ATI 9600 which I see that it had problems until F5 bios. I haven't tried to install the card yet but feel that I'm going to have to flash to at least F5. In your sticky about Qflash you say to use Fat32, but my HDs are NTFS partioned. How do I go about Qflashing this? Thz, LETITBE

Re: NTFS partions

its easier to have a usb memory stick formatted to fat32,then you can save the bios to it and flash from it with q-flash,or use a floppy drive if you have one,of coarse you can create a small 20mb partition on your ntfs hard drive and format that partition to fat32 then flash from there
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

How do I go about formating something Fat32 when all I have is NTFS? ( a little short on computer brains). Thz, LETITBE

Comment

by creating a new partition on your hdd,it will show up in windows as a seperate hdd then you can format it to fat32,a usb stick is the fastest and easiest way though
        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Do you have a USB Stick? If so it is probably already FAT32 anyway and you could just use that.

If you don't have one let us know and someone will show you how to make a partition on your hard drive into FAT32

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
            Do you have a USB Stick? If so it is probably already FAT32 anyway and you could just use that.

If you don't have one let us know and someone will show you how to make a partition on your hard drive into FAT32
            Sorry for the delay. I lost my hard drive. LOL This puter sure is lucky it's not a horse!!! Any way, yes I have a usb stick. However after the crash and loss of my HD I'm all shakes! I was nervous about the flash to start with now I'm at loss as to what to do!!! I've got the Bios and unziped the file. But the file I need, shows as an unknown application file. Is that normal? Thanks for all the help people I'm a nervous wreck. LETITBE

Comment

You need only the BIOS file, it will be called this for example "motherboardmodelname.F10"

The file .Fxx is the only file you need on your USB Stick. Leave the USB Stick plugged in, be sure legacy USB Storage is enabled in the BIOS and then enter Qflash by pressing the Del key at bootup or F8 in the BIOS MAIN Page.

Lost your hard drive? What do you mean? Maybe it is still ok

Comment

Working...
              X