MA770T-UD3P claims invalid settings at wake from sleep and warm boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MA770T-UD3P claims invalid settings at wake from sleep and warm boots

This -only- happens randomly on system restarts (restarts initiated by the OS.. never if I hit the reset button) and -always- seems to happen upon wake from sleep.

System will give 3 long beeps, then post and give a screen "your settings are invalid" blah blah.. but they obviously arent.. since I didn't change them.. and it was already booted.

I'm running the latest BIOS for my board.

Full system info:
    -AMD Phenom II Callisto 550 3100mhz dual core at stock speeds
    -4GB of 1.65v DDR3 OCZ Special Ops 1600mhz ram, running at recommended OCZ settings of 8-8-8-24 @ 1600mhz (issue still occurs at default 1333mhz settings/timings for DRAM)
    -ATI 512MB Radeon 4650HD at stock speeds
    -500GB SATA 3Gb/s WD Caviar hdd (boot and system drive)
    -320GB IDE WD Caviar hdd (secondary internal hdd)
    -320GB USB2.0 Seagate GoDrive
    -4GB OCZ Diesel flash drive (set up for ReadyBoost!)
    -SATA DL DVD+R/RW drive
    -ThermalTake 550W TR2 RX PSU
    Cooling is sufficient, CPU approaches 55C during prime95 burnin, runs 35C at idle with fans nearly off..

Other connected usb accessories: logitech g11 keyboard, trackman wheel wireless, and dual action gamepad (can you tell I'm a logitech fan? :p)
    Last edited by break19; 06-20-2010, 02:49 AM. Reason: forgot to put PSU make/size

Re: MA770T-UD3P claims invalid settings at wake from sleep and warm boots

Is your system 10% stable in windows with the current settings?

You need to be 1000% Stable with prime95, memtest, ect whatever your testing choices are before S3 sleep works properly. And it may not be fully corrected in your BIOS yet, but it sounds to me like you may not be fully stable since you also see this issue at other times.

Please test for stability and let us know what you test with and for how long.

Comment

Well.. this is the only issue I am seeing.. but I will run prime95's blend mode for a few hours.. I will get back to you, going to bed now..

Comment

K, good luck!

Comment

I tested the ram on this motherboard as soon as I installed, and set it up properly (unlike the other set of ram + old motherboard) it completed 2 passes with 0 errors at that time) And, I just ran Prime95 64bit for over 5 hours, using the blend mode.

[Work thread Jun 20 08:53] Torture Test completed 245 tests in 5 hours, 37 minutes - 0 errors, 0 warnings.
          [Work thread Jun 20 08:53] Worker stopped.
          [Main thread Jun 20 08:53] Execution halted.

No errors, No warnings.. for both workers..

Looking at my original post, I can see where you may have inferred that I'd had problems with this system before, but thats not the case. The problems I had before were a different motherboard, cpu, and ram altogether.. not this new gigabyte/ocz combo

(just an fyi, the old one was asus m3a78emh hdmi plus athlon64x2 6000+ plus crucial ballistix 4G 800mhz DDR2. and board ran it was 867mhz and 1.8v instead of 800mhz or slower, and 2.0v which was it's minimum voltage, per spd)

Comment

bump

Comment

Ahh ok, well 5 hours is a good long test.

I am not really familiar with AMD BIOSes but sounds like your settings might be ok anyway though since you are 5 hours stable at least.

The problem might be you still need a little bit more NB VID voltage, or the current BIOS for this model is not fully working for S3.

Are you overclocked? If so does this S3 issue also happen at stock settings, with manual set ram timings, speed, voltages and NB voltages set?

Comment

The only thing that's "overclocked" is the IMC, I'm running 1600mhz ram, but the board claims 1666mhz, and the ram is 1600mhz labelled..

Technically, it's still overclocking, but still within spec of all parts.. And yes, if I set everything to auto, and set ram speed to 667 (1333mhz) it still does the exact same thing.

It's -got- to be an incompatibility somewhere.. The board has done this since day 1, so I updated the BIOS a few days ago, didn't help.

As long as I don't let the system sleep, it's fine, for the most part.. but every once in a while, if I restart the system, it beeps, claims it failed to post.. I tell it to continue and it boots.. and remains stable while running..

So I'm at a loss.. Bad board? bad cpu? I've reseated the CPU to be sure it's seated. It was a retail cpu, new out of the box. I've had the board since Christmas, but it wasn't installed, or even removed from the antistatic bag, until the RAM and CPU arrived last week.

If it's determined to be a bad board, I need to replace it quickly...

Comment

If it still happens at stock (With ram/NB voltage set) then it is most likely the BIOS itself, Sleep issues are often hard to fix in the BIOS and this model may not have them corrected.

As for the failed settings warning, that would be settings failing no matter how stable it appears to be. It could be some slight incompatibility with your memory, have you tried other sets?

Pm Artdrives and see if he will come help you with settings, since you have only been using the board a week or two it could just be you have not found proper settings yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X