Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p55A UD3: On Cold boot- Restart once reach to desktop

Problem:
    Every time I do a cold boot (2 or so hours since last start up) my system, once it reaches the desktop, restarts with no blue screen or errors given. The restarts go on continuously until I take out and reinsert the ram after which the system runs perfectly fine with no restarts.

I'm assuming it is my ram? However, I do not receive any errors after running memtest. Also, the phase led is green, green, yellow, red if that tells you guys anything. I have tried placing the ram in only the blue slots, white slots, 1 and 2, etc etc.

btw this is a new build that was put together a few days ago and has had this problem ever since.

System specs:
    MOBO: p55a ud3
    Bios version: F6
    Processor: Intel i5 750
    4GB RAM: Corsair CMV4GX3M2A1333C9
    GPU: Radeon 5770
    PSU: Cooler Master 750W

NO overclocking has been done.
    Last edited by timbo123; 06-11-2010, 03:10 AM.

Re: p55A UD3: On Cold boot- Restart once reach to desktop

The problem is likely resolved with a simple reboot right? I mean as soon as it fails, reboot and it should start *Warm boot*, no need to remove the memory.

You must use only the white memory slots, and you should set your own voltage for the memory, this is Dram voltage and QPI/Vtt voltage.

You may need more than stock QPI/Vtt, set ram to spec voltage though

Comment

no, on a cold boot it will restart continuously. Doesnt matter if I turn it off and on again or disconnect the power it still restarts once it reaches the desktop. It is not until I remove/reinsert the ram that it is 'stable' and no longer restarts on its own.

what QPI/Vtt should i set it to? I believe the ram was auto set to stock voltages but I will double check.
      Last edited by timbo123; 06-11-2010, 03:07 AM.

Comment

Hmm, well that is odd. I just mentioned what I did in case you were not aware as that would normally be all you needed to to.

Maybe this memory is partially faulty or not 100% Compatible.

Set your ram voltage to spec, if it is 1.65V ram set 1.66. QPI/Vtt try 1.15-1.2, shouldn't need to much at 1333Mhz.

Use the latest BIOS as well, if you update please use Qflash or DOS, DO NOT USE @BIOS

Comment

Working...
        X