Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Computer Mouse/Keyboad/Monitor No signal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Computer Mouse/Keyboad/Monitor No signal.

So I recently bought some new parts

AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black
    Gigabyte MA78LM-S2H
    Corsair 4GB DDR2 Kit
    and a western digital 650 GB HDD.

I used my old case with 2 working dvd drives and two different 430/450 PSUs. I tried doing a benchmark test by putting the motherboard on a cardboard box and only plugging in the motherboard, the hard drive, graphics card (Geforce 7600 GS), fans, and the DVD drives and the power along with keyboard and mouse. Turned on the power and the fans began to spin but the mouse/keyboard had no power and the monitor stayed blank. No postup. I tried to also put it into the case and booting but same results as well. So I decided to only put 1 stick of ram without graphics card (the mobo has integrated video) and dvd drives. Still no results. After that I tried the BARE minimum with only the processor mouse keyboard and no ram. no postup no beeps.

How else should I try to test the problem? Is this a motherboard failure? if it is I will swap and re-try.
    Last edited by itzkin; 06-08-2010, 12:51 AM.
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Rev 1.0
    EVGA Gtx 260 896MB 216 Cores Edition
    Intel Q9550 Yorkfield at 2.83Ghz
    Seagate 1.5TB Sata HDD
    GSkill F2-8500-CL5D DDR2 1066Mhz 4GB Ram (2x2GB) http://gskill.com/products.php?index=57
    Suntech CCF Cooler
    2 Scythe Ultra Kaze 120 mm fans.
    NZXT Guardian 921 Chassis
    Ocz ModxStream Pro 700 Watt PSU.

Re: New Computer Mouse/Keyboad/Monitor No signal.

Check that you dont have any bent CPU pins, and try the stock cooler in case yours is maybe causing a short.

It could also be the PSU's, sorry I don't know AMD so I don't even know what kind of setup that is but maybe those are too small?

You do have the 8 pin CPU cable and 24 pin cable connected to the board right, sorry gotta ask to be sure.

Comment

Yes I do have the pin connectors in. I looked at the processor again and indeed some were bent I unbent them and tried to do the setup again but still with no results. I assume its the processor and/or the motherboard as well. My last step would be to RMA if this can be fixed. Currently I am trying to reset the battery.
      Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Rev 1.0
      EVGA Gtx 260 896MB 216 Cores Edition
      Intel Q9550 Yorkfield at 2.83Ghz
      Seagate 1.5TB Sata HDD
      GSkill F2-8500-CL5D DDR2 1066Mhz 4GB Ram (2x2GB) http://gskill.com/products.php?index=57
      Suntech CCF Cooler
      2 Scythe Ultra Kaze 120 mm fans.
      NZXT Guardian 921 Chassis
      Ocz ModxStream Pro 700 Watt PSU.

Comment

Ahh, bent pins is not good. Even though you straightened them out we can't be sure the CPU still works, your best bet is to try and RMA the CPU or buy a new one.

You could verify it works though if you know someone who has a working board you could test it in.

Comment

Working...
        X