• EX58-UD3R won't boot BIOS. LEDs on board say CPU under load

First things first, my system:
    CPU: Intel core i7 920 2.66GHz
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R Intel X58 (Socket 1366) PCI-Express DDR3
    RAM: OCZ Gold 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C9 Low-Voltage Triple Channel
    PSU:OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w Silent SLI Ready Modular Power Supply
    HDD: 2x Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache - OEM
    GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 285 1024MB GDDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card

It's been running perfectly since September last year. No problems what so ever.
    Now for some reason it just suddenly shut itself down one time after around 30 mins and then when I went to turn it back on it turned off again after a few seconds, then on again then off again etc till I pulled the plug out.

Now that problem seems to have vanished and the new one is no video display, no speaker beeps (can't remember if there was with the on/off problem), the mobo has the LEDs on which my dad says mean the CPU is under full load, no BIOS booting up or anything. We are baffled as to why this has just suddenly happened and from my googling it seems as though it's a problem with the mobo.

My dad has taken out the bios battery to reset the CMOS (or something) and we've tried with RAM only in slot 1 and again only in slot 1 and 2 and have had no luck. Everything is plugged in correctly and no parts are damaged. I thought I'd post here after reading on another forum about this place.

Is there anything I can do? Has the mobo just upped and died or something? Other people with the same problem (first result after googling Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R Intel X58 lights) seemed to have the problem either on the first day of building the computer, or after a few days/weeks. I've been fine for around 10 months. Before this there was no signs of anything wrong, working perfectly one day, 2 weeks later when I put it on again it cut out after 30 mins and we're now here.

Re: EX58-UD3R won't boot BIOS. LEDs on board say CPU under load

do you have another psu to try with? borrow one? and when you said you tried with one stick of ram did you install it in the first white slot from cpu socket?? all the mb led's light up then go out when it boots into windows its normal,but they are staying lit because theres a problem somewhere
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Haven't tried a different PSU yet and we did try the RAM in the first white slot. The lights are all staying on with everything we've tried.

Comment

well im not saying 100% that its the psu,but ive seen atleast 5 other users with an ocz psu have problems,either it wouldnt boot up or it would crash so i would try with a different one if you can,even better to borrow one maybe from a friend or a second pc?? it might have developed a fault and not be producing enough power to boot up the mb,yet again it could be another component but its what id try first,other brand to avoid are zalman psu's they are problematic with gigabyte mb's

just want to add another thing to try is leave the mb battery out for longer,sometimes it needs a longer time to clear the cmos so leave mb battery out overnight,then try
        Last edited by wazza300; 06-05-2010, 07:12 PM.
        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I would test as many of the components you can in another system to be sure none of them are faulty, such as memory, hard drives, CD drives, ect.

And then when possible test a known working good PSU in this system again once you are sure none of the other components are faulty.

I have seen issues with this exact PSU in the past too, normally thought it was issues from the get go, but this would be the first thing I would look into testing (Another PSU on this board)

Comment

Working...
          X