Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 (rev. 1.0) motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 (rev. 1.0) motherboard

I am on my third Gigabyte mobo computer build. I want to use the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 (rev. 1.0) motherboard. I do not need 9 expansion slots, probably no more than 4. Can I us a Lian LI Super Mid Tower case - Lian Li PC-V1200 Plus II (Extended) Aluminum case Form Factor Extended ATX? Will it fit the mobo tray? If the Ga-X58A-UD9 will not fit, I will purchase the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 (rev. 1.0) motherboard. Gigabyte site says I need a Form factor: XL-ATX for the GA-X58A-UD9 (rev. 1.0) motherboard as it supports 9 Expansion Slots.

Re: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 (rev. 1.0) motherboard

The compatible cases are listed here, if that case is not in the list you will need to get UD7 which is a great board too!
    GA-X58A-UD9 (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE

Comment

I will probably purchase the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 (rev. 1.0) motherboard as I have a Lian Li mid tower case. Is Gigabyte going to release rev. 2.0 for the UD7 anytime soon? I Read a few reviews and one suggested waiting for rev. 2.0.
      Roger
      Las Vegas<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
      <o:p></o:p>
      Last edited by kuyarog; 06-04-2010, 07:05 PM.

Comment

it would be cheaper to buy a new case?
        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Not sure if UD7 will get a revision or not, but I can tell you it is very fine right now anyway!

The revisions coming out are just enhancements/new design to power delivery is all, not really fixes for issues or anything like that, so all the rev 1.0 boards are fine nothing wrong with them

Comment

Thank you for your response as I did not know the differences between newer revisions. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
            My current Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 is rev. 3.0 so I thought I should wait for a new revision. My first choice of Gigabyte motherboards was the GA-X58A-UD9, but it is too large for most cases. I will go with the UD7 (rev. 1.0) based on your response.<o:p></o:p>
            Many thanks,<o:p></o:p>
            Roger<o:p></o:p>
            Las Vegas<o:p></o:p>

Comment

UD7 is a great board, you will be happy for sure coming from 965P!!

Get ready to learn a new BIOS though, huge improvements have been made over the 965/P35 BIOSes

Comment

Once again, many thanks. I am looking forward to the UD7 motherboard build and hopefully, the RAID 5 setup will go as smoothly as it did with my 965P build. I have had absolutely no problems since the build three years ago.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
                <o:p></o:p>
                Roger<o:p></o:p>

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                  UD7 is a great board, you will be happy for sure coming from 965P!!

Get ready to learn a new BIOS though, huge improvements have been made over the 965/P35 BIOSes
                  Lsdmeasap,

One more question regarding the UD7 motherboard. What memory do you recommend? I will be using the Intel Core i7-920 or 930 Processor.

Thanks again,
                  Roger
                  Las Vegas

Comment

Well...... I try to steer clear from recommending memory publicly on the forums, that way no one is offended and or I am not considered biased.

I can say for sure the kits/brands in my signature that I have previously reviewed work great for UD7 though. I am using Mushkin Ridgeback's 998826 kit right now, I just started working on a review of these and they work great as well.

As for other brands if you prefer not to get one of those I mentioned, you will need to browse around and see what does work and or what has known issues.

Comment

Working...
                    X