Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45-UD3P won't post

Hello,

I put together a PC about a year ago, and it's been running fine until now. I removed the DVD drive to put into another machine temporarily, and when I moved it back, all hell broke loose.

Now the PC won't boot at all. I get all 6 phase LED lights, a loud beep, the CPU fan starts, and that's it. The screen is pitch black.

I checked all of the wires and nothing is loose. I unplugged the optical drive, and removed one of the RAM sticks, then tried one stick in different slots. Nothing happens.

I'm not sure what my next step is. All of my parts were running fine this morning, so I'm assuming it's something I did wrong, and I'm overlooking. Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Re: GA-EP45-UD3P won't post

Can you please look and make sure you did not break off any capacitors behind the DVD Drive?

Look on the board and on the bottom of your case, I just thought of this because recently and in the past I have seen a few users break off items changing out DVD drives and this just reminded me of that, so check it out.

If nothing is broke try clearing the CMOS using the long method outlined in post #2 here

Comment

Working...
    X