Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 revision 1 vs revision 2 - What are the changes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 revision 1 vs revision 2 - What are the changes?

My question is rather simple: What are the hardware changes in the revision1 to revision2 in the Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 motherboard? (BIOS changes are not important, only hardware).

Also, if anyone happens to know - when was rev2 released aproximately?

I dont want to buy a "lemon" rev1 if the changes are important ones, and I don't want to hunt around for a shop that has rev2 if its not a big deal.

-Stigma
    Last edited by thestigma; 06-02-2010, 12:05 PM.

Re: Gigabyte GA-H55M-USB3 revision 1 vs revision 2 - What are the changes?

I was in a meeting yesterday and have all of the details on the changes. An article will go live ASAP with all of the details but the Rev 2 will have some new GBT tech that deals with power conservation and a few other things. Let me also say that there was nothing wrong with Rev 1 at all. GBT just launched some cool new power features with the new boards.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Chris, this is like the UD5/UD3R revisions I suppose eh?

Comment

Woot! Exellent news!

I am very interrested in the changes to powersaving though since the system im planning to build would be a 24/7 server and thus do a lot of idling. I very much look forward to reading the details and seeing if its worth the extra effort getting.

Where will the onfo go up? forum in a seperate thread? main page?
        Should I check back tomorrow for it?

-Stigma
        Last edited by thestigma; 06-02-2010, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          Thanks for the heads up Chris, this is like the UD5/UD3R revisions I suppose eh?
          Are you refering to the GA-X58A-UD3R? The old revision on that one had problems mainly with electrical buzzing that annoyed a lot of people if im not mistaken. That was a pretty serious issue AFAIK, so not exactly the same as just getting improved features...

... well unless your being coy/sarcastic here hehe, its often hard to tell on a forum ;)

-Stigma

Comment

Those issues are almost always alleviated with a different PSU, as I am sure you have read, it is rarely the board itself.

I was being serious, just meaning I have read all about the ON/Off charge additions and the new power delivery design and phase switching, so I was asking if these were the same changes being made to UD3R/UD5 as what is being added into this model.

Comment

Ah, I see. I didn't mean to imply anything, I was just curious about what you meant. I wasn't aware that the same kind of changes were made to those other cards.

In any case I very much look forward to the article/post. It would be nice to know where I should be looking for it though.

-Stigma

Comment

It's cool, your post just sounded like some I often see which are just not always the case is all.

Ya, I was just wondering if the same improvements were being made is all.

More on those changes are shown here in the UD9 thread in case anyone wants to read a bit about them

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/giga...74/index5.html << Next page

Comment

Read the links - cool new tech that :) It will certainly make the boards a lot more robust. Being able to remain operational even after a failure in the power phases is pretty impressive.

It does sound like it could be what chrisram was talking about, but lets not speculate too much if he is going to tell us soon anyways ;)

-Stigma

Comment

Ya, I think it is a great design too!

He is a very busy guy, but hopefully he will get his review out soon so you can check it out.

Comment

Are the changes from Rev 1 to Rev 2 the same for the full ATX version (GA-H55-USB3) as for the GA-H55M-USB3?

Thanks,

dshed

Comment

I would assume so, but to be sure you might want to ask them directly

Comment

Any updates on this yet? Are we still waiting for the news, or have I missed where it got posted?

-Stigma

Comment

Hi there, I too am interested in the changes made to the GA-H55-USB3 in revision 2. :-)

Comment

Power Delivery/Phase, and ON/Off charge dedicated port are the only changes I am aware of.

Comment

Working...
                              X