Ga-ep31-ds3l ram slot problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-ep31-ds3l ram slot problem

Lately,my computer hang quite often( screen freeze, LED light is not light up). It hangs randomly but resume normal after restart. But today the problem dint go away after i restart.Everything can run properly(processor fans can run,processor LED can light up) but just cant go into windows. I restarted few times but still cant go into windows. So i change the ram from red colour slot to yellow colour slot then i can go into window, nw it's working fine. I guess it's the ram slot problem because I had this problem last year, and the technician told me is the ram slot problem. They said it cannot b fixed and exchange a new MB to me. May i know, any solution to this problem? Ever heard of any case which is same before? Will teh same problem occur?

COMP SPEC:-
    Processor: Inter(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00Ghz
    Ram: 2GB (two 1Gb ram which are Kingston and Corsair respectively)
    Graphic Card: Win Fast PX7600 GT
    Hard disc: SeaGate 320gb
    Last edited by itachi_99; 05-28-2010, 02:40 PM.

Re: Ga-ep31-ds3l ram slot problem

Your memory should go into the yellow slots first anyway really, so your issues may be normal because you were using the red slots.

Aside from that, you are mixing memory which is not a good thing to do, so that is probably also adding to the issues.

Are you setting your memory voltage manually? Do these memory kits even have the same spec voltage?

Comment

I've changed the ram from red slots to yellow slots, but the problem still persist. I never alter the ram voltage and I also don't know how to check the ram voltage too. Do u mind teaching me? Please and TQ

Comment

Please link me to the memory kits, or give me the model name/# for each and I will check your voltages and then advise you.

Comment

Working...
        X