Clear All

• just realized why loop and beeps on cold boot-ga-ep45-ds3

I am running 5300/5400 667hmhz 1 gig stick and 2 gig stick

its still ok but takes time to warm up I suupose

should be
    1. 4 x 1.8V DDR2 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory
    2. Dual channel memory architecture
    3. Support for DDR2 1333+/1066/800/667 MHz memory modules
      (Refer to Memory support list for more information)
    xstation

Re: just realized why loop and beeps on cold boot-ga-ep45-ds3

677Mhz memory does often cause issues, but is not necessarily a problem.

It's not the best to use though of course, 800Mhz or better is always suggested

Comment

Comment

Your Advanced Clock Control settings indicate you have not loaded Optimized Defaults in the BIOS. You should do that and restart.
        Your DRAM Performance Control should be set to Standard not Turbo
        Performance Enhance...................: [Turbo]
        Try setting MCH/ICH
        MCH Core Voltage to 1.2v - 1.24v instead of Auto

Comment

more voltage on Mch could lead to even more problems, chipset it is hot ~45C open case. Being hot causes it to dissipate even more ~ +3Watts, compared to when it is cooled with fan. so clearly you don't want electromigration to take place.

Auto is 1.10V (=1.14) and is too much.
          Mine works with 0.95V Mch and 1.65V Dram stable with 333 FSB and 800 Dram.

Turbo and Standard is inf fact the same thing, nothing changes, unlike the old P35 chipset the performance level (static tread) was being modified, but not with P45.
          Last edited by yuu; 06-03-2010, 02:41 PM.

Comment

First you need to start over with optimized defaults, not fails safe you are using now.

Then I suggest you set your ram voltage to the rated spec, can you post a link or the model # so we can be sure.

Then for 4GB you will need 1.2-1.26 MCH, this is normal. The above user may have a board that is abnormal, from time to time some boards needs less than stock to use 4GB, 98% of normal boards do - they need 1.2-1.26 or so to run 4GB

Comment

Everytime I turn on my computer the computer peeps then restarts with another peep then boots into the OS.
              xstation
              ps:Memory is on flux mode and has been tested with mem test
              This is probably a case of incompatibility issues, consider changing the slots or removing...

first Load Optimised Defaults as usual. then start setting manually some settings to their defaults to eliminate uneeded guestimating time of the board of wich setting to chose, if it takes too long time ... it resets to default.

Set All voltages to "Normal" (from drop down menu), that is what I did, and never had cold boot. unless the power outlet was not grounded and usb device or storage was plugged in. well, one of the reasons I switched to P45 is that P31 had cold boots.

The EP45-DS3 is based on A2 crystal and it needs around MCH Voltage = 1.15V or little more with any C2D to run 500 Fsb 1:1 sync with 8GB of memory in dual mode or 6GB in flex mode. A3 is different though, not sure why, maybe because the integrated disabled video core has a higher frequency. If you have A3 chipset as seen in CPUZ, then consider upping MCH to 1.24, otherwise not reccomend.

Comment

Any luck yet?

Just checking in

Comment

Working...
                X