Can't flash my modded bios : P55-UD3 rev 1.0 f8 v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't flash my modded bios : P55-UD3 rev 1.0 f8 v

Hi guys, first I would like to say that I have searched for like 2 days to find tools like bmp2epa. I managed to use CBROM220 to include a modified EPA 2.0/awbm to replace the default energy star logo. It's the only thing I am trying to mod for now. I will maybe mod the fullscreen logo later but I am onto the energy star right now. 1st question : Is there any way to convert the dualbios logo to a image file ?? 2nd question : Is it possible to mod the little award character ? I tried to flash my modified f8 rom with @Bios (yy i know its bad...) but --------------------------- Error --------------------------- BIOS Partnumber(AWARD) is not correct ! --------------------------- OK --------------------------- I tried with Qflash but strangely it loads the new rom but finally it doesnt flash and doesn't provide an error message. It just doesn't do it. I tried with flashspi and bootable usb like specified in the tutorial in this forum but it gave me a !!!! Bad Bios image !!!! I give you the original bios and my modified one. 3rd question : Why the hell does my rom fail ? I hope somebody will be able to help me out. 4th question : Maybe you can point me to newer bios utilities ? like bmp2epa and cbrom which are old enough Thank you guys :(

Here are the files

4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download Original bios.f8

4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download Modified bios.f8

Re: Can't flash my modded bios : P55-UD3 rev 1.0 f8 v

Here you go:
    HFS /Drivers/MotherBoard/BIOS Logo/
    Also you have some BIOS tools in sticky thread:

Flash your modded BIOS with SPIFLASH.
    Be carefull and good luck!
    Last edited by stasio; 05-28-2010, 09:00 AM.

Comment

I advise you DO NOT try this!!

You can safely change the Full screen logo in Gigabyte BIOSes with Facewizard, but I would not be trying anything with other tools or older methods, Gigabyte has done MANY changes to the structure of Award BIOSes so these tools simply do not work as originally intended.

You will brick your motherboard likely if you continue to try this, so please do not.

Comment

Thank's for advice and tools but I dont think its a big deal as I have a dualbios.
        It isnt so risky imo
        I tried running Spliflash without any parameter just to see the program but it tells me " !!! bios doesn't support flash by smi !!! "
        :'( Any work around ?
        btw the cbrom on your http server, its a 6.60 allright but the its written (C) Award Software 1999. The Cbrom 2.20 is Award Sofware 2001.
        So is the 6.60 really newer despite the fact that it's 1999 ?
        Last edited by MisterTea; 05-28-2010, 11:46 AM.

Comment

It IS a big deal, dual BIOS can fail and you should not rely on it and just flash anything you want!!!

Comment

oh qflash says "bios id check error" with the 6.60 version of bdrom.
            Lsdmeasap I am not really afraid of a bad flash but tell me, does anyone succeded in modding a bios with those tools ? I mean nowadays.

Any idea ?
            Last edited by MisterTea; 05-28-2010, 12:41 PM.

Comment

No, not those tools and not these BIOS, in the past with P35 and P45 yes, but not now.

You can change your full screen logo though

Comment

It's so sad nobody's trying to update those tools or make new ones. damn I had some pixel art characters :'(.

Comment

I agree fully!!

I really hate it that Modbin doesn't work properly with P55/X58, even to view the BIOS menu/options. I use this A LOT for checking P35/P45 (And older AMD) BIOS options for people

Comment

Working...
                  X