Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "a required cd/dvd driver is missing"

hi all,

i know there has been a thread on this previously, and have tried everything in that thread that i can with my motherboard.... i have

gigabyte H55M-S2H mobo
    nvidia 9800 geforce graphics card
    seagate barracuda 500g hard disk (sata)
    samsung super writemaster cd/dvd (also sata)
    intel core i5 750

i can load up the windows 7 disk, it asks me to pick a language, the after a few minutes of "setup is starting" (setup is also really slow).

im guessing this is not a dvd driver problem as it loaded the dvd fine, im thinking its to do with the sata controller.

i have the hdd pluged into sata0 and the dvdd in sata5

have tried every driver that i can lay my hands on and most combinations of bios settings, could someone point me in the direction of a driver or a solution.

thanks for your time
    julian

Re: "a required cd/dvd driver is missing"

try disabling floppy drives in the bios,this might help when installing win7,just select none where it says floppy,look in boot order also
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: &quot;a required cd/dvd driver is missing&quot;

You should also put your hard drive in SATA2_0, and your CD drive in SATA2_5. I see you said this, just be sure.

You may need to reburn your install CD, if you do burn it at the slowest setting.

Do you have AHCI enabled? Shouldn't matter though because windows 7 has AHCI and RAID Drivers, just wondered what you are setting is all.

Comment

yes i have ahci enabled and have the hdd and the dvd plugged in that way... i do not seem to have all these bios settings to disable floppy disks and so on? i have eliminated them from the boot order.

also on the boot list there is a cd/dvd rom option and an option refering to my specific dvdd.

i have already reburned and verified the disk and it comes up with the same problem.

im on the verge of installing xp and upgrading but i dont really want to........

Comment

does it see the dvd drive if you switch to ide mode in the bios and reboot?
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

yes it sees bothe the hard drive and the dvd in the bios ide list but it then does not even load the os from the disk!

thanks

Comment

did you disable floppy drive here? it can make installing win7 realy slow and sometimes wont install if its enabled,disable drive A in that screenshot below

also i dont know whether your dvd has an updated firmware for you to download?? or are there any jumpers on the back of the dvd drive for you to set as master or slave?? if there are set it to master
              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
              Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

The floppy setting is at the very bottom of the CMOS page in the BIOS

A clean install would be needed from AHCI to IDE mode since you can't access windows to change the registry. Even though install has not finished it may have gotten far enough past this that it isn't possible

Comment

hi,

there is no floppy in that list for me and the list totally empties once i turn ahci on, i just figured this was normal as its an ide list but its worth checking?

i have just got it to boot in ide mode by going into the f12 boot drive list but the driver error still comes up...

Comment

do you have a spare dvd drive to try?? just want to add do you have both xp and win7 disks?? try with xp and see if it installs if it does its most likely your win7 disc is faulty,second thing is to try with a different drive
                    Last edited by wazza300; 05-26-2010, 12:57 PM.
                    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                    Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

are you saying that when i booted it up first in ide mode i messed it up?

set floppy drive a to none and it still comes up with the error, quicker this time though!

edit: i have tried another drive (a usb one) but still comes up with the same error, i will try a few more things and then give xp a try, will have to burn a disk tho.....

thanks all
                      Last edited by julian.i; 05-26-2010, 01:01 PM.

Comment

it shouldnt affect anything switching from ahci to ide,only after you install the os and the ahci drivers arnt installed,read my previous comment as i added something
                        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                        Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Where is says Drive A, that is blank in AHCI mode?

That it not right, it should be there no matter the mode and you can set disable

What BIOS are you using, maybe you should update this first before going further.

Comment

the bios is v6.0

i had to set the drive a to [none] in ahci mode

just instaled xp x64 on it fine making another (3rd) 7 dvd see if that works...

thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by julian.i View Post
                              the bios is v6.0

i had to set the drive a to [none] in ahci mode

just instaled xp x64 on it fine making another (3rd) 7 dvd see if that works...

thanks guys
                              use this to burn your iso/data files use 4x speed or lower if you want,i havnt had one coaster disc using that program

http://filehippo.com/download_imgburn/ click on latest version far right corner
                              Last edited by wazza300; 05-26-2010, 03:28 PM.
                              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                              Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Working...
                              X