Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need help, gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3l boot loop wont post with new e8400 processor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help, gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3l boot loop wont post with new e8400 processor.

Motherboard: gigabyte ga-ep43-ud3l
    Processor:e8400 / working processor p4 3.0
    memory: hyperx kingston 4gb 2 dimms ddr2 800
    video: sapphire hd 4800 radeon
    power supply: antec earthwatts 500watt max.

I received a new e8400 processor from starmicro.net, i cleared my cmos and installed it, it went into a boot loop without posting, tried using just one memory stick and i got the same boot loop. So i RMA'ed the processor and i just now received the new e8400 and im getting the boot loop again. no posting at all. but the system runs great with my old p4 3.0 I also tried updating the bios and it did not work.

Could it be possible starmicro.net shipped me two doa processor?, they swore they were tested and both were good.

I dont know what to do now,
    any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Re: need help, gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3l boot loop wont post with new e8400 processor.

What BIOS are you using?

Please post a image of CPU-z Mainboard tab so we can be sure
    CPUID

Comment

Re: need help, gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3l boot loop wont post with new e8400 processor.

F9, i'll post the photo also.

Comment

here it is.
        Attached Files

Comment

I updated the bios and it didn't help.

Comment

heres more info.
            Attached Files

Comment

K, thanks!

Try this, remove the P4 CPU and clear the CMOS fully using the long method I mention here in post #2, then put in the 8400 CPU and one stick of memory in slot 1 and try to start the system

Comment

I followed your instructions on clearing the cmos and it did not work. it just went into boot loop again. It acts like the processor is not compatable with the motherboard. but this is the 2nd e8400 i've tried. Maybe pay a bit more RMA this one and try a e8500?

Comment

8500 wont help, it's the same tech/CPU anyway just one more multiplier is all.

Can you test this CPU in another board yourself to be sure it is not faulty? Or can you test a larger PSU in your system in case this is the issue?

Comment

a buddy gave me his e8500 and it worked great. starmicro.net swore they tested it multiple times, but my board didn't like their processor.

Thanks for all your help!

Comment

Hmm, very odd!

So the 8400 is bad? Did you try it on your buddy's board, I would just to be sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X