Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-MA770T-UD3P - PC doesn't resume from S3 state.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-MA770T-UD3P - PC doesn't resume from S3 state.

Does it work for S3 resume? Could just be the keyboard itself?

Comment

Should wireless keyboard/mouse wake the computer up too (receiver is in USB)?

I have same settings in BIOS except I changed keyboard to "Windows 98 key".

When I set "USB Wake Up from S3" to Disabled, does it supply power to USB controller? If it doesn't, there could be possibility that less power will be needed to wake up computer. Maybe I should try it.

Comment

I don't know if a wireless mouse or keyboard will activate a resume from sleep. Maybe someone with one can ring in and let us know.
        http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
        http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
        Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
        Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
        Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
        4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
        (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
        (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
        (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
        Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
        Mid size ATX case with show through panel
        2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
        Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
        Logitech G500 USB mouse
        Monitor: CMV937A
        7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
        Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

The keyboard or mouse must be connected via PS/2 otherwise it cannot resume the machine.

It must also be wired

Comment

It took a couple of weeks, but yesterday I finally got myself a new psu, the Corsair HX1000. Swapped out my old MIST 600, and guess what.. s3 sleep now resumes perfectly! :D

No new settings or anything, all I did was replace the psu and move everything from my old Lian-Li case to a new Corsair 800D.

New voltages.

When comparing this to my last screenshot, I'm not able to tell any big differences in the voltages (if they're reported correctly).

Not sure of the amp rating for +5Vsb on my old MIST, but on the new Corsair HX1000 it's rated at 3.5A.

As I've noted earlier, the sympthoms first appeared after installing win7 64 on a new ssd hdd, so I'm thinking the +5Vsb requirements with Win7 may be higher than Vista? Either that or something went wrong with my psu at about the same time.

Anyway, thanks for all help and effort in solving the problem! :D Hope you get your's worked out too BigMuscle, perhaps you would also need to get down n' dirty with some psu switching? ;)
            Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations that you fixed your problem. I haven't got another power supply yet but my brother already promised me to get one for test. I want to test it before buying new one.

And as I see from your image, the +5V VCCH has no connection with the problem. You say that it worked in Vista with old PSU? I will probably install Vista or XP on second HDD if I don't get another PSU to see what happens.

Comment

I haven't got another power supply yet but my brother already promised me to get one for test.
                Hi Big Muscle I would make sure the test PSU is a good one.
                And as I see from your image, the +5V VCCH has no connection with the problem.
                OK the image is not a good way to check for this. The best way would be to test amperage on the +5VSB rail before and plus when resumming from sleep. Not necessarily after the resume is completed. The amperage on the +5VSB must maintain a certain amount of amperage to resume from a sleep state. The amount needed depends on alot of different things. It is best to be sure you have at least 2.5amps when resumming from a sleep state, but more amperage would be naturally better. Sometimes power supplies that are old or week will not hold a sufficient amount of amperage. We know that the image shown above shows the amount of voltage, and not amperage, and after everything started up.
                I believe on arcticZ's old power supply the voltage and amperage may have fluctuated, and dropped enough below the required amperage to cause a bad resume. When he changed power supplies. This fixed his issue. It stands to reason that his older PSU dropped amperage when the internal components required more power from a resume. I think it also stands to reason a PSU change will fix yours. After all you have tried alot of other repair options without any success. You know that if and when you purchase a power supply you will want to get a good one. Most of these newer desktops with medium to high end video cards require a higher rated minimum wattage.
                As a reminder for you the quote below is from page 22 of the motherboard manual for a GA-MA770T-UD3P
                1/2) ATX_12V_2X4/ATX (2x4 12V Power Connector and 2x12 Main Power Connector)
                With the use of the power connector, the power supply can supply enough stable power to all the
                components on the motherboard. Before connecting the power connector, first make sure the
                power supply is turned off and all devices are properly installed. The power connector possesses
                a foolproof design. Connect the power supply cable to the power connector in the correct orientation.
                The 12V power connector mainly supplies power to the CPU. If the 12V power connector is not
                connected, the computer will not start.
                • To meet expansion requirements, it is recommended that a power supply that can withstand
                high power consumption be used (500W or greater). If a power supply is used that does not
                provide the required power, the result can lead to an unstable or unbootable system.
                • The power connectors are compatible with power supplies with 2x2 12V and 2x10 power
                connectors. When using a power supply providing a 2x4 12V and a 2x12 power connector,
                remove the protective covers from the 12V power connector and the main power connector on
                the motherboard. Do not insert the power supply cables into pins under the protective covers
                when using a power supply providing a 2x2 12V and a 2x10 power connector.
                The quote below is from a manual for a Gainward 9600 GT
                SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
                • Intel Core2Duo series, AMD Athlon 64 X2
                series or above CPU
                • A minimum of 2GB system memory
                • A minimun 400W system power supply.
                • DVD-ROM drive
                • Requires a PCI Express or PCI Express
                2.0 compliant motherboard
                • Requires an available PCI Express x16
                slot
                • Windows Vista/XP/2000
                Last edited by artdrivers; 06-04-2010, 10:49 PM.
                http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
                http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
                Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
                Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
                Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
                4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
                (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
                (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
                (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
                Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                Mid size ATX case with show through panel
                2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
                Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
                Logitech G500 USB mouse
                Monitor: CMV937A
                7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
                Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Nice to see a new PSU fixed this for you!

Comment

Working...
                  X