GA-MA770T-UD3P: Pro and Cons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-MA770T-UD3P: Pro and Cons?

Hello, all! All of my PC build have been Intel based but I'm now seriously considering going with AMD, especially with their AM3 socket. I can't afford to buy new and I was wondering if this board GA-MA770T-UD3P--currently available in my local used market--is good enough for Athlon II/Phenom II procs? I plan to use this for 1-2 years at least and I OC a lot.

Pros and cons, please? I really appreciate any help. Thanks!
    Last edited by anonemus; 05-18-2010, 03:23 PM.

Re: GA-MA770T-UD3P: Pro and Cons?

I got one here but haven't played around with it too much. It's a great board for the money, the main area where it's worse than more expensive 790X/790FX boards is the lack of Crossfire support. AFAIK the only difference between the SB710 and the SB750 is the lack of RAID 5 support on the SB710.

Check this out for more information on the chipset:
    AMD 700 chipset series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As far as overclockability goes the differences between the 770 chipset and more expensive chipsets are negligible, any differences in reviews are more likely to be caused by better VRMs on more expensive boards than the chipset itself (although the 8+2 VRM is pretty good already, especially considering how good the board is). A high-end board will probably only overlock about 50-100 MHz more than the 770T-UD3P, if it overclocks any better at all.

Comment

Re: GA-MA770T-UD3P: Pro and Cons?

Thanks for the very helpful info, Nick! Exactly the kind of information I'm looking for. This board does look like what I want as my next mobo.

Comment

Working...
      X