Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What're these files added (by Gigabyte) to my system with X58A-UD3R?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What're these files added (by Gigabyte) to my system with X58A-UD3R?

After installing most of the software in the mobo's CD, I found a folder "obj" (see attached figure) in the C:\Program Files directory. Would you please kindly confirm if the "obj" folder is created by the Gigabyte installation CD? If it is, are they important? If it's important, why? If it's not important, can I delete them? Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Model Name : GA-X58A-UD3R(rev. 1.0)
    --------------------------
    M/B Rev : 1.0
    BIOS Ver : F5
    Serial No. : -
    Purchase Dealer : -
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    VGA Brand : XFX Model : 8600GT
    CPU Brand : Intel Model : Core i7 920 Speed : 2.66GHz
    Operation System : Win XP SP : 3
    Memory Brand : GSkill (ECO series) Type : DDR3
    Memory Size : 4GB Speed : 1600MHz (but running at 1066MHz at the moment)
    Power Supply : 600 W
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: What're these files added (by Gigabyte) to my system with X58A-UD3R?

You can delete them, it is files so the CD/installer program can check your system info and report that to the online service for updating via the web interface

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply. Cool... the response here is 1000X faster than that given by Gigabyte GTS.

Comment

Anytime, we are here to help!

You used express install correct? If so that is why, otherwise they might just disappear when you remove the CD.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          Anytime, we are here to help!

You used express install correct? If so that is why, otherwise they might just disappear when you remove the CD.
          I can't remember if I chose "express install". Thanks.

Comment

Ahh ok, well if you do another install anytime, do not use Express install as it installs drivers even if you do not need them, and this can cause issues.

Anyway, next time around it would be best to download your drivers online so they are the latest ones, the CD ones are always dated

Comment

Working...
            X