Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestion, sticky thread for Gigabyte VGA Bios Flash Program for Gigabyte Videocards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion, sticky thread for Gigabyte VGA Bios Flash Program for Gigabyte Videocards

Here is a suggestion for a sticky thread to let people find this program quickly to determine Gigabyte videocard bios and then to flash new bios if desired.

When I followed the official links in the Gigabyte website it did not take me here.

GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Graphics Accelerator - Utility

Re: Suggestion, sticky thread for Gigabyte VGA Bios Flash Program for Gigabyte Videoc

Your link takes me to the VGA @BIOS utility page, isn't that where it is supposed to take you?

Sorry, not sure if you meant that or not? If you meant a specific BIOS for your card, you need to go to the following page and look up your model
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Graphics Accelerator - BIOS

I don't think we have enough supporters for a graphics card BIOS sticky, and they really don't update the BIOSes for them all that often anyway

Comment

My chronological construction of the suggestion was faulty

I gave the problem without describing it well and just included the solution.

I have a Gigabyte GV-R5870SO-1G videocard. Here is the product website:

GV-R587SO-1GD - GIGABYTE - Product - Graphics Accelerator - Specification

When I select "bios" I get the following page:

GV-R587SO-1GD - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Graphics Accelerator - BIOS=

These are bios in a 7zip package.

I downloaded the latest bios available to my desktop and extracted them and there they were. I did not know what to do so I clicked on that smiling man on the left side of the bios page who tells me that he will show me how to flash my bios.

He then takes me to this page which really is not helpful.

GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Graphics Accelerator - BIOS - How to reflash VGA BIOS

It was not until I had spent five days back and forth with Gigabyte support that I got the link supplied in my first post that solves everything.

Comment

Re: Suggestion, sticky thread for Gigabyte VGA Bios Flash Program for Gigabyte Videoc

Ahh ok, I got ya now!

Sorry you spent so many days trying to find an answer on this! Next time ask here and we can get you sorted much quicker than that.

I suggest flashing VGA BIOSes from DOS using the latest ATIFlash

Comment

Wilco

Comment

What?

Comment

Old Army Speak from my past.

Wilco means "Will Comply"

Most of the other acronyms like "BOHICA" are not for mixed company.

Comment

Ahh, ok!

Thanks, sounds good.

I do know that last one though

Comment

You finally get back to the outpost soaking wet, freezing and it is 0200 HRS. Then you are told that you and your buddies (we are all just low level drones) get to pull sentry duty the rest of the night. Humor is the only energy available to get you through it.

So the cry goes out, "Bend over, Here it comes again!" BOHICA

Or start singing the Mickey Mouse song with different lyrics. Instead of M, I, C, K, E, Y you sing six letters (you can guess these) and then A, G, A, I, N. And then start singing the song with the new lyrics.

I had some tough times but not like these guys have seen in the past decade. There was a documentary made of my military experience and it was called "Stripes".

Comment

Ok, so what's the m i c k e y reference?

Comment

Almost guessed. Thought it would end u p, but was e d. And I have no ties to army.

But to slightly touch the OP, there are stickies for latest BIOS, how to flash, and latest utilities. Motherboard oriented now, but the powers that be could possibly augment those lists, if the cause is deemed worthy?

Comment

Thank you for working on this. The best solution would be to have the web pages on the Gigabyte website take you to the proper page. That smiling man annoyed me since he led me to something unusable. A sticky would be good but then they may change the web address and then it would not be helpful.

P.S. I cannot part without mentioning two sayings I remember:

"Spring Loaded in the Dumb Position." That is for anyone who is always asking questions and keeping you from getting out of there.

The last one is:

"The only valid excused absence will be for death in the family. And then only when it is your own."

Comment

Working...
                        X