• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD a few hours after I have turned off my computer

Here is my strange story:

I bought parts to assemble a new comptuter and here is what I chose
    mobo: Gigabyte P55A UD6
    memory: CORSAIR CMT4GX3M2A1600C7 DOMINATOR GT DDR3 4GB (2X2GB)
    Graphic card: MSI lighting 5870
    CPU: intell core i7 870
    hard disk: intell ssd X25M 80 gig
    WD Velociraptor 300 gig
    PSU: Tagan 800W

I installed win 7 64b ultimate on the ssd hard disk and everything seemed fine. I installed drivers and several other programs and had the computer working non stop for 3 days. No problems at all. the 4rth day I turned it off for the night.
    Next morning when I turned it on I had a bsod mentioning CI.dll error and when I pressed the repair option I got another bsod mentioning ntdll.dll error.
    I flashed the newest bios F8, I reinstalled windows on the second hard drive this time (I completely took off the ssd drive) I rebooted several times, I even left the computer turned off for an hour or so and rebooted without any problems.
    I turned it off and next morning the same bsod.
    I reinstalled the os installed the newest driver I could find, tried memtest (no errors detected) and the next morning the same bsod.

I have now taken the box to a service but they can't find the reason the computer behaves that way.
    It seems that the computer works ok with one module only (any of the two according to the technitian) but when we install both modules and leave the computer off for several hours it will not boot.

Any help would be much apriciated.

Re: BSOD a few hours after I have turned off my computer

what qpi/vtt voltages are you using?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes, please let us know what QPI/Vtt and dram voltage you are setting, this is key to stability. You can give us your full settings in a template from my signature if you like, this may help us advise you.

Also, what BIOS are you using now?

Comment

I'm using the default ones from loading optimized settings, I didn't want to start messing with these before I had a stable machine.
        I flashed the f8 version of the bios.
        Unfortunately I don't have my machine with me atm. It's at the service, they are testing it right now with a generic set of 2 memory sticks, but I'll take it back tomorrow and start searching my self. Are there any specific settings I should use when I get it back before posting my results again?

Comment

Ahh well that is the issue, auto is generaly good enough to get you into the BIOS, then you need to set at least a few things yourself.

Specifically for now, set your memory voltage to spec (Usually 1.65V), then if you are running them at 1600Mhz CAS 7 then you need to set QPI/Vtt to 1.2-1.25 and see if that helps.

It's all in the settings, so if you can get your machine back without them working on it again, it would save yourself some cash I would do that because all you need to do is set proper settings if you know that memory works fine on this board!

Comment

I'm taking my machine back tomorrow morning (unless my wife pulls me somewhere else )
            I'll also have the memories and start messing with the settings. I'll post the results and probably ask your help. Thanks for the replies anyway.

Comment

You mean back to the shop, or back from the shop?

Well let us know if you need more help, or how things work our if you get it going properly.

Comment

I went to the shop today and they told me that the comp was ok using the 2 generic sticks, they will keep it untill monday just in case.
                But now comes the big question and I'd like your opinion, should I risk the stability of the system and try make it work with the Corsair memory or the gain over a generic 1333 mem is not worth the effort?

Comment

check the hard drive for bad sector or get in to windows 7 repair and then command prompt and type sfc /scannow or search for viruses or malware http://www.free-av.de/en/tools/12/av...ue_system.html

Comment

Well the corsair probably work fine, you just did not set the correct settings is all.

I would not buy any new memory until you test those with proper settings, then if things still fail you could look into a different kit.

Comment

Ok we will give it a try om Monday then.

Comment

Working...
                      X