890GPA RAM Dual Channel issue :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 890GPA RAM Dual Channel issue :(

Hi I'm new here I have 890 GPA version AMD 3 board. Right now I can't get 8 gig work with gskil on X6 1055T chip. Only 4gig single mode works. Soon I try do a dual ram slot even at 4gig in blue she beeps at me won't boot up. And White also I think bois don't work with dual channel ram at all only single channel. Gigabyte people can you updated my board bios asp? I like have 4gig of my Gskill Trident OC at 1600mhz. Also I have Gigabyte HD5850OC :) I haven't bench yet. I have Windows 7 64 bit OEM Full and WD 1T 64meg cache drive. 6gbs and enermax 850watt psu sliver ready :). Right now only single channel in blue and white.
    Last edited by robertmc8; 05-14-2010, 12:48 AM.

Re: 890GPA RAM Dual Channel issue :(

Are you setting your own NB Freq and NB VID? You need to increase those, especially NB VID for 4-8GB of memory

What BIOS are you using now?

Latest is here

Rev. 1.0 boards F7c
    GA-890GPA-UD3H (rev. 1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS

Rev. 2.0 boards, FA (Likely what you have if you are using this revision)
    GA-890GPA-UD3H (rev. 2.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS

I can't help much with AMD, but this may be all incorrect settings. Our AMD Guru Artdrivers will probably post here to help you further though.

Comment

Ya I don't think I didn't grab the beta bios. You think it solve dual channel issue? I have v1.00 that board come from newegg. I have 4gig total right now working in signal mode but soon I put into both blue slots for 4gig dual channel she won't boot up she beeps at me. And this goes for 8gig total too of Gskill trident ram 4gig right now in signal mode running at 1600mhz.

Comment

Well you really need the right BIOS settings for 4GB+, so if you are not setting things manually then this might be the whole issue.

I would go ahead though and update to the latest BIOS of course.

Artdrivers will help you with settings, not sure if he is here right now though

Comment

Yes make sure you have the latest bios.
          When running 2 sticks in dual channel use sockets 3 and 4.
          You may want to load optimized defaults save and exit in bios. Unplug the machine. Then load only 2 sticks of ram in sockets 3and4 Then go into bios and check to see if it is running at 1333Mhz. If not set it to 1333Mhz. Then save and exit then try adding the other memory.
          Let us know how that goes.
          You may want to try this first. Set the memory to 1333Mhz in Bios. Then ad the other memory.
          To start off it could be the cpu. Although you may want to try the above suggestions first. You may want to remove the cpu and check the pins.
          Second Do you think that maybe you could list your system specs?
          Which Windows are you using? I have very little info on your desktop. Do you think you could fill out a signature? Just open the settings tab above on the right. Then scroll down and open the edit signature in the list on the left side. Fill in all your desktops parts in there. Please be specific with part numbers, and revisions. Then you can choose a font color, size and save it. The signature will appear on all of your posts as my green one does below. Wait a bit for it to post. It will post with all of your posts. This will help us alot in our suggestions. Their are many suggestions we can offer when we have enough info on your system. You may want to try some of them.
          Third it could be the GSKILL memory. After we get your signature we can help with suggestions.
          http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
          http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
          Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
          Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
          Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
          4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
          (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
          (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
          (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
          Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
          Mid size ATX case with show through panel
          2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
          Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
          Logitech G500 USB mouse
          Monitor: CMV937A
          7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
          Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

I just RMA that ram back to newegg after I get this :) Newegg.com - CORSAIR DOMINATOR 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model CMD8GX3M4A1333C7 I hope this would work better? Guy said 1600mhz ram in dual doesn't work well. So I'm hoping this board support ram or I'm stuck with recommend ram from the support list? I just order it. :) I'm RMA Trident ram. Won't RMA Trident Ram to other one gets here. Please reply quick.

Comment

Working...
            X