GA-MA78GM-S2HP problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-MA78GM-S2HP problem.

i just recently reinstalled windows xp on my computer because of a nasty virus i had on it, causing me to lose all my computers drivers. with out my motherboard drivers, it cant seem to understand there is a ethernet cord in the back of it, meaning no internet for me. Sadly, i do not have the installation disc for the motherboard any more ( bought it a long time ago) and am trying to use my other, very bad, laptop to download drivers, and then transfer them with a cd. But, when i do this it doesnt seem to put them in the right place or something, because it makes no difference. There is still no LAN connection in my network connections, only the 1394 one. Is there any way for me to get the drivers I need, or any trick to get them to go to the right place on my computer? and please, bear with me here, i dont know much about computers haha :P.

Re: GA-MA78GM-S2HP problem.

You need to install chipset and LAN drivers, then you should be good to go. You must also enable LAN in the BIOS if you changed it, updated BIOS, or cleared CMOS during your troubleshooting.

You need these drivers installed for XP 32 bit (If you need x64 see here

Chipset
    ftp://download.gigabyte.ru/driver/mo...-v2.0_xp32.exe

LAN
    ftp://download.gigabyte.ru/driver/mo...altek_8111.exe

LAN Diagnostics utility, not needed but I thought it may help you figure out the problem if the above drivers don't help
    ftp://download.gigabyte.ru/driver/mb...ek_rtltool.exe

You can also try the latest driver direct from Realtek, since the one listed at GIGABYTE's site is fairly old
    Realtek

Comment

Working...
    X