Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proper RAM settings for GA-EP45-UD3R Rev. 1.1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper RAM settings for GA-EP45-UD3R Rev. 1.1?

I've got the following RAM: CM2X2048-6400C5 (well, the kit that has two of them). Have had it for a bit over a year. memtest86+ reports errors at the same two addresses during the first few tests, with these modules installed in the 1 and 3 slots AND the 2 and 4 slots. I'm not overclocking _anything_ whatsoever (not that adventurous). The RAM timings and voltage are the default 5-5-5-18 and 1.8 , and the stuff is running at 800 MHz. Running the latest BIOS F12. Given the memtest86+ results mentioned above, should I just buy new RAM (what kind?), or is there some BIOS tweak I should try first as a last resort before buying said RAM? This board is the finickiest thing I've ever seen, seriously. Thanks for any replies/advice.

Re: Proper RAM settings for GA-EP45-UD3R Rev. 1.1?

So this error happens at the same spots, no matter which stick is in which slots?

If so sounds like you have a faulty module, or both. You can setup a RMA instead of buying new ram, they will RMA them for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      So this error happens at the same spots, no matter which stick is in which slots?

If so sounds like you have a faulty module, or both. You can setup a RMA instead of buying new ram, they will RMA them for you.
      Yes, memtest86+ finds the errors within the first few tests at the same addresses--2290.6 MB and 327.4--even when switching the modules from slots 1 and 3 to slots 3 and 4. Would I pursue a warranty claim from Corsair? I guess I need to hunt up the receipt then. I bought the kit as part of a barebones system (put together by mwave.com) that I bought early last year. I wonder if that affects matters, warranty-wise. In any case I'd like to get more RAM this weekend, even if I have to send the current stuff back-- I don't want to be without my machine for a week. Or maybe it doesn't work that way (I've never had to return RAM before).

Comment

Yes, that would mean the modules are faulty then since it is always the same address, even in different slots.

Yeap, you would contact Corsair about a RMA, if you need me to find you contact or RMA info for them let me know. Not sure about the barebones thing?

Sometimes you can let companies charge your Credit Card for a cross-shipment on RMA's, other times not, all depends on the company if they offer advanced replacement like that or not.

Comment

Well, I tested the modules individually in a couple of different slots and they both threw up errors in the same places even having moved them, so I'm sticking a fork in them, as they say ('cause they're DONE--for the non-Americans out there). Now to see if Corsair honors its warranty despite the fact that I bought this stuff as part of a barebones system assembled by mwave. Anyone know how they handle that?

In happier news, I replaced the Corsair modules with this stuff: (Patriot PDC24G6400ELK), and they went through 8 full passes of memtest86+ with zero errors, yay!

Comment

Yeap, sounds like they are done to me then!

I think they will, but not sure? You may need to take it up with Mwave?

Great to hear you got things back in running order though!

Please post back and let us know how Corsair handles this for future reference, thanks

Comment

Working...
            X