X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help installing XP Pro 64-bit SP1 in GA-EP45-UD3L

System:

1. GA-EP45-UD3L, Rev 1.1, F8 Bios
    2. Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz (No OC)
    3. ATI HD-5770, 1GB, DDR5 by XFX (No OC)
    4. Seagate Barracuda 500-GB 7200 RPM 32-MB Cache SATA 3Gb/s
    5. 8GB RAM (4 x 2GB) DDR2-800, A-DATA Cas5, 1.8V, Model AD2U800B2G5-DRH, Dual Channel, High Performance (No OC)
    6. BFG EX-1000W Power Supply

I have tried installing the OS with loading F6 Intel Matrix drivers in IDE and AHCI modes with no avail. Windows installation cannot find the hard drive to install the OS.

What's the procedure or correct drivers I need to use?
    Last edited by PRGonzalez; 04-29-2010, 10:31 AM. Reason: Add Memory Specifications and video card

Re: Help installing XP Pro 64-bit SP1 in GA-EP45-UD3L

Maybe install with IDE and change to ACHI later, there is an easy method to do it.

Load BIOS Optimized Defaults save & reboot, go to BIOS M.I.T and set Performance Enhance standard, and MCH Core 1.26-1.28v, before you begin installation (for the 8GB of memory).

EDIT: could you post a link to your ram specs, manufacturer site if possible, or it's model number.

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
      Maybe install with IDE and change to ACHI later, there is an easy method to do it.

Load BIOS Optimized Defaults save & reboot, go to BIOS M.I.T and set Performance Enhance standard, and MCH Core 1.26-1.28v, before you begin installation (for the 8GB of memory).

EDIT: could you post a link to your ram specs, manufacturer site if possible, or it's model number.
      I edited my original post and added more detail to the specifications

Comment

Are you setting your disk to be first in the "Hard Disk Boot Priority" menu? Not boot order, but the one you must click enter to go into?

Are you sure this disk works, have you or can you test it in another system?

Matrix drivers are only needed if using RAID, AHCI though would also require an Intel AHCI Driver though. IDE would not require any drivers, so if you could not install via IDE setting then you either have a faulty disk or some settings incorrect.

What settings are you using for the following? And which ports, Color and #, are you using to plug your OS Hard drive in and the CD/DVD player?

Integrated Peripherals

Intel Controller (Yellow Ports)
        SATA RAID/AHCI Mode (Intel ICH10R Southbridge) .............
        SATA Port0-3 Native Mode ................................... Enabled (or Disabled, both will work)

Gigabyte/J.Micron Controller (Purple Ports)
        Onboard SATA/IDE Device (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ............. Enabled
        Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ...........
        Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-30-2010, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          Are you setting your disk to be first in the "Hard Disk Boot Priority" menu? Not boot order, but the one you must click enter to go into?

Are you sure this disk works, have you or can you test it in another system?

Matrix drivers are only needed if using RAID, AHCI though would also require an Intel AHCI Driver though. IDE would not require any drivers, so if you could not install via IDE setting then you either have a faulty disk or some settings incorrect.

What settings are you using for the following? And which ports, Color and #, are you using to plug your OS Hard drive in and the CD/DVD player?

Integrated Peripherals

Intel Controller (Yellow Ports)
          SATA RAID/AHCI Mode (Intel ICH10R Southbridge) .............
          SATA Port0-3 Native Mode ................................... Enabled (or Disabled, both will work)

Gigabyte/J.Micron Controller (Purple Ports)
          Onboard SATA/IDE Device (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ............. Enabled
          Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode (GIGABYTE SATA2 Chip) ...........
          After further testing this is what I found:

1. The hard drive was DOA. I never thought this was going to happen to me. So, I purchased a new drive at my local BB store.
          2. I was able to install the OS only in IDE mode. No luck with AHCI mode at all.

Thanks everyone for your help. Now that the OS is working like a charm, it's overclocking play time.

Pedro

Comment

also dont forget to format your hard drives to ntfs
            Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
            Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
            Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
            1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
            1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
            Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
            Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
            K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
            L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
            Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
            http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
            Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sorry to hear your found your drive was DOA, but nice to see you found the cause of the problem!!

Do you want to do AHCI mode, it is a bit involved doing this after the fact in XP, but if you want I can link you to some guides on doing that.

Or a clean install using AHCI, I can help with the drive issue if you want to do a clean install before you get any further, see below.

In order to load XP RAID/AHCI Drivers you need to follow the folder directory method mentioned here for the drivers on floppy:

Comment

Working...
              X