GA-P35-DQ6 Gigabyte Raid Software Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P35-DQ6 Gigabyte Raid Software Controller

I have set up mirrored Raid for my W7 64 bit operating system using a Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6 mobo. The Jmicron driver loaded ok and the Raid works fine. However, within the extracted driver download, GIGABYTE SATA2 RAID Driver version 1.17.50.2, from the Gigabyte mobo site there are a number of files which I suspect include software to manage the Raid from within windows in the event that for example the two HD drives get out of sync. Within the extracted driver files there are other files / folders including a W7 Application folder in which there are files and folders as below.

Folders:
    jmide
    re
    x64
    Files:
    DIFxAPT.dll
    IDEDrvSetup.exe
    xIDE64Setup.exe
    xIDESetup.exe
    xInsD64.dll
    xInsDrv.dll
    xInsIDE.exe
    xLhDrv.dll
    xLink.exe
    xRaidAPI.dll
    xRaidSetup.exe
    xSrvSetup.exe
    The jmide folder contains jmide.cat and jmide.inf
    The res folder contains processing.avi, raidlogo.ico and a number of bmp files.
    The x64 folder contains DIFxAPI.dll and xLHD64.dll

I had an out of sync Raid, continued to boot into windows and double clicked xRaidSetup which ran but with some minor errors flagged eg unable to find logo but failed to install. However, it did recognise the raid problem and fixed it. The problem is that the programme did not properly install and it will not run again.

I have also double clicked the other exe files in an attempt to install the controller with no success. Currently should the two raid drives go out of sync I have to repair within the bios which takes about two and a half hours before booting into windows . So does anyone have experience of this driver package and can advise how the raid configuration software can be installed to run within windows 7 64 bit.

Re: GA-P35-DQ6 Gigabyte Raid Software Controller

I have installed it, but only in vista, and had no issues. Did you try Vista or XP Compatibility modes on the installer or installed program, or running installer as admin?

Would you rather have your RAID array on the Intel controller? You can do this very easily since you are using windows 7, and still have your OS NON RAID.

That way you could use the Intel Matrix program which is much better, and the Intel ports are much faster anyway.

To do that, leave or put your OS Drive on SATAII_0, then put the two disks you want to create an array with on SATAII_1-4 and create your array there.

Before you do this you would only need to make the following changes in the registry, and then afterward you can install the Intel Matrix software.
    Enable switching between all IDE/AHCI/RAID modes by changing "Start" Values in these keys to 0
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci\Start
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide\Start  
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStorV\Start
    Of course you will need to clear the current array you have and make a new array due to the driver issues, you could try the mentioned registry edits and move the array and see if it is ok but I think you would need to recreate it.

Comment

Thanks. I am already using the Intel Matrix Raid for another pair of drives containing all my raw photo files. I realise now, having experienced these problems that it would have been better to have used the Intel for my OS. Just for confirmation my OS is running on GRaid and that set up within the bios without any problem it's just I cannot get the GRaid Controller software running in Windows.

I will attempt the install again using compatability mode.

Can you confirm that you installed the GRaid at version 1.17.50.2 and that you achieved the install by clicking xRaidSetup.exe in the W7/Application folder.

I notice on the JMicron website that there is now a later version of the driver at 1.17.55 which presumably is compatible with the Graid system it will just lack the Gigabyte logo's!!! I may attempt an install with this but will consider your proposal to swap the raid systems although this will be a technical step up from my current capabilities.

Many thanks for your help

Comment

You can have 2 different RAID arrays and a Non RAID Member Disk on the Intel controller, as long as you have the port room still.

Ohh! You definitely should have your OS array on the Intel controller! Sorry, I thought this was storage when I first advised, now I Really advise it.

I have only used this in vista, and sorry it was a while ago so it probably was not that version at all. Yes, you can try the J.Micron drivers/program, I'd try that out next if the compatibility does not work and you want to leave things on the ports you have setup now.

Comment

Working...
        X