Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: X58A-UD3R boot problems

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Well I was more concerned with the battery removal then a jumper, X58A boards dont have one anymore.

So, since you did remove the battery for a while and has no luck we can move past all this CMOS stuff.

Will it start with NO hard drives connected? How about with one stick of memory in any white slot?

Do you have it out of the case and off the motherboard tray now?

Have you tested your PSU with a tester, or jumped it to be sure it still runs? Do you have other hardware to test with, GFX (PCIE or PCI), memory, PSU, ect?

It very well could be the board died on you, just trying to think of things you can test before you decide to RMA
    It will not start with no hard drives connected or with only one stick of memory.

I have not yet taken it out of the tray.

I can't test my PSU and I don't have another one available, but the board had been giving me startup issues but would run perfectly fine otherwise, so I am thinking it's not the PSU. I tested another graphics card as well, so it's not that.

Comment

Re: X58A-UD3R boot problems

Well that would be the next thing you should do, get it out of the case and OFF the motherboard tray and see if it works. This will rule out any shorts.

That does not rule out your PSU. It could still be failing, you can't test it in another machine? If not, can you jump start it (Google)?

When you say you tested another graphics card, does that mean in this system? If so, also please test this systems graphics card and all other hardware (Memory, Hard Drive, CD/DVD Drives, ect) if possible in another system so you are sure none of those are faulty.

If you still do not get anywhere, please remove the CPU carefully and take a few high resolution (Clear as possible) images of the CPU socket and post them here, so we can check to be sure you do not have any bent CPU socket pins.

Are you using the Intel stock cooler, or something else? If something else be sure it is not shorting anywhere on the front and check the backplate as well for any shorts. You can put electrical tape on the backplate to ensure that it is not causing a short if you are unsure.
      Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-26-2010, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X