Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i5 750 turbo mode always on

Hello,

Today I opened cpu-z and discovered that my i5 is running in turbo mode all the time, yesterday when i opened cpu-z it looked like this http://slike.hr/slike/c/cpu_fbe7e.jpg

today like this all the time http://slike.hr/slike/g/gewgwegwe_5b328.jpg

before when PC entered turbo mode he was on ~3.2GHz, after exiting application CPU went to x9 multiplier (1199MHz) as u can see in 1st picture, now he is in turbo when i turn on PC, and doing nothing.

board is Gigabyte P55-USB3
    woriking on win7 x64 Ultimate build 7600

help :<

Re: i5 750 turbo mode always on

you need to disable intel turbo boost in the bios
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Did that yesterday, than he never goes to turbo mode, but issue is that when PC is on idle it won't go on x9 multiplier like he used to go, he just stays on turbo mode

the problem is not turbo mode, problem is that when idle, he dont act like he is idle (suposed to be on x9 multiplier as shown on picture)

Comment

What power plan are you choosing in control panel power options? I think you want balanced.

Enable turbo in the BIOS, and then enable C1E and EIST

Comment

ohh you mean its not throttling when idle?? makesure c1e and eist is enabled in advanced cpu features in bios
          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

ok, i think we will need to talk tomorrow about this, becouse I took PC to store where I buy PC and servicers dont know what is issue so PC is at them and i can't see what are mine bios,power options now.

but here is picture I took few days ago, http://slike.hr/slike/b/bios5_36ca0.jpg

and power options are default win7, dont know which but default (pc at servicers)

Comment

ok PC at me, i set POWER SAVER in power options and now it's throttling good :D

Comment

Nice to see it is all working properly now!

Post back anytime if you need more help with anything

Comment

Thanks for tip with power, but I have little issue now, when I turn on my PC, and log into windows I need to go to power options and press POWER SAVER to loose turboi mode although it is set to POWER SAVER, and than i just need to pres again on POWER SAVER and turbo throttling is well.

I need to somehow set power saver to be enabled on startup if u understand me :S

Comment

Do you mean in a Gigabyte program, or windows?

If you mean in windows, there should be a "Restore Defaults" option for each plan when you click the change plan settings. Try that and reboot, then see if it is fixed.

IF that is not what you mean, I still think I know what you mean though, tell me why you say you think you needed to do that each time anyway? I mean, what makes you notice that you needed to do it?

Comment

I noticed it when i tun on my PC and open cpu-z or everest, core speed is 3.2GHz, than press Power Saver (although it's set to that) and it is 1200MHz :D
                      Last edited by Mamutarka; 04-23-2010, 05:10 AM.

Comment

How long do you wait and watch it? Sometimes it may take a while before the system thinks it is idle and then downclocks

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                          Sometimes it may take a while before the system thinks it is idle and then downclocks
                          that helped, I wait minute or two and it's ok, thx a lot :P

Comment

Cool, ya sometimes the system is just doing stuff in the background that you may not notice and so the board/CPU still think it is not idle fully yet. Nothing to worry about at all

Comment

Working...
                            X