EX58-UD3R continuous restart, not reaching post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EX58-UD3R continuous restart, not reaching post

yeah but if it turns out to be the mb and you have it repaired then you can sell it to recover your costs,same goes for any other components,atleast all your parts are still covered
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

as like i told you the best way to test it to pull off mobo and check mybe it shorted or somthing if that didnt work try psu mybe its psu or mobo

Comment

Hi,

I was having a different problem - instability in games.

Yesterday I removed the CPU, blew the contacts with compressed air, reseated the CPU, reinstalled the fan/heat sink and voila! I now have the same problem as you in spite of taking all anti static perecautions.

I have now ordered an ASUS P6T mobo.

Please searche on my usename to find my thread.

This is the second Gigabyte durable mobo that has acted this way for me.

I have used Gigabyte motherboards for many years without a problem but 2 of 2 durables going south is a bit hard to take.

I wish you luck and hope you find a work arouund since there is yet another BIOS (FJ) which could be tried if I could get the thing to POST.

Comment

Hi,

Replacement mobo arrived today and have all up and running, including my two cards. Somehow one of the disks in my RAID 0 was nuked in the process... disk seems OK, but the array doesn't look to be recoverable.

@wazza
          I think damage limitation is the best I can hope for... have you ever resold a reconditioned mobo for anything more than half what you paid for it? If so, give me their phone number ;-)

@dehunt
          Sorry to hear of your problems, I'm a little wary now too. I previously had ABit boards until I wasn't too impressed with the quality of an AMD 939 I had some time ago and moved on to Gigabyte after a friend who's opinion I value swore by them. In fairness, this board had been sound until yesterday, so I guess I haven't lost faith just yet.

It seems to me that component quality isn't what it used to be with most manufacturers, what with kit flying off productions lines to satisfy the ever growing demand.

Hey-ho :)

I'm off to lick my wounds and count the cost of speed over redundancy, I think I have most of the important stuff backed up.

Thanks for your input.

Comment

[QUOTE=teebee;352964]Hi,

Replacement mobo arrived today and have all up and running, including my two cards. Somehow one of the disks in my RAID 0 was nuked in the process... disk seems OK, but the array doesn't look to be recoverable.

@wazza
            I think damage limitation is the best I can hope for... have you ever resold a reconditioned mobo for anything more than half what you paid for it? If so, give me their phone number ;-)

who said telling them its reconditioned? aslong as its been repaired just list it as used
            Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
            Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
            Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
            1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
            1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
            Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
            Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
            K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
            L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
            Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
            http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
            Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by teebee View Post
              Hi,

This may still be ok if you have not tried to do anything with it yet. This will happen if you try to boot windows forgetting to set RAID, or you have the disks out of the previous order. If the later is true you can normally just rearrange the disk ports and it will be fine

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                This may still be ok if you have not tried to do anything with it yet. This will happen if you try to boot windows forgetting to set RAID, or you have the disks out of the previous order. If the later is true you can normally just rearrange the disk ports and it will be fine
                Thanks for the tip. I think that the former is exactly what I had done, though I have been swapping ports in and out like a man posessed and still cannot get it to pick up the array.

It sees one of the disks as a member, but fails to recognise the other one. I think Windows may have written something to the drive and I am now up the creek. Partition recovery software seems to be able to read the files, so I will try and recover what I can and try not to make such a stupid mistake again.
                Last edited by teebee; 04-21-2010, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
                  who said telling them its reconditioned? aslong as its been repaired just list it as used
                  Same difference when it comes to resale value IMO. Anyway, I think I may just keep it for a spare.

Comment

Originally posted by teebee View Post
                    Thanks for the tip. I think that the former is exactly what I had done, though I have been swapping ports in and out like a man posessed and still cannot get it to pick up the array.

It sees one of the disks as a member, but fails to recognise the other one. I think Windows may have written something to the drive and I am now up the creek. Partition recovery software seems to be able to read the files, so I will try and recover what I can and try not to make such a stupid mistake again.
                    Glad to hear you may be able to recover some of your data at least!

The former you say, loading windows and forgetting to set RAID again? If so, ya that is often unfixable because windows writes to one of the disks as soon as it tries to load, making the array useless.

You may have some luck with this guide though, if you badly need to try and recover something you cannot with your current method.
                    Intel ICHxR RAID Data Recovery 101 - XtremeSystems Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                      You may have some luck with this guide though, if you badly need to try and recover something you cannot with your current method.
                      Intel ICHxR RAID Data Recovery 101 - XtremeSystems Forums
                      Thanks for the link. I had come across runtime last night, but I had already totally messed up what was left of the old array myself and I no longer think that method is viable for me.

I have the critical stuff backed up and have recovered fragments of the rest. The lost stuff will serve as a reminder to be more careful in the future.

Just need a grief counselling forum now ;-)

Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Your board is exhibiting the same behavior mine did when first purchased it from Newegg just a few weeks ago. It would run for a few seconds then stop for a few seconds, then run again for a few seconds and stop, etc. I tried everyting from new and different power supply, memory, clearing the BIOS, reseating everthing ,different graghics card, on and on, the same thing. I ended up RMA the dam thing to Newegg, at my cost of $22.65 to get a replacement. Thankfully the replacement fired up. I have read a of simlar problems on other forums and in Newegg reviews for our board. Even of you can't go back to the place of purchase, it is supposed to be a 3 year warranty. I know it's a pain...

Ken

Comment

I hear ya on the grief counseling! I have corrupted an array or two before myself pushing things.

Glad to hear you got at least most of the important things you needed, and of course that your new board is running now!

Let us know if you need help with anything else, anytime, we are here to help!

Comment

Working...
                          X