EX58-UD4P unable to get past "Verifying DMI Pool Data" no matter what

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EX58-UD4P unable to get past "Verifying DMI Pool Data" no matter what

have you tried unplugging your hdd's? leave them unplugged for 30mins and turn on pc then off,then connect hdd's again and try,maksure there fully connected propperly
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: EX58-UD4P unable to get past &quot;Verifying DMI Pool Data&quot; no matter what

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
      have you tried unplugging your hdd's? leave them unplugged for 30mins and turn on pc then off,then connect hdd's again and try,maksure there fully connected propperly
      I tried unplugging all HDDs, reset CMOS and boot from USB. Then I tried unplugging all HDDs but the boot one. That didn't work.
      So, you saying - shut down PC, unplug HDDs, turn back on in 30 min?

Comment

Re: EX58-UD4P unable to get past &quot;Verifying DMI Pool Data&quot; no matter what

shut down pc unplug os hard drive power back up pc,then shut down again plug os hard drive back in then power up pc and see if it passes the dmi data screen
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
          shut down pc unplug os hard drive power back up pc,then shut down again plug os hard drive back in then power up pc and see if it passes the dmi data screen
          Ok, just did that, nothing :-/

Comment

have you tried a clean install of windows on a spare hdd?? then youll know if your os hdd is badly corrupted,or tried ubuntu on a spare hard drive? if you could and it boots up you can plug in the hard drive that wouldnt boot and copy all your data over to the working os
            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
            Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

No, I don't have a spare HDD right now :-/ I'd like to try that, but can't right now.
              Although, it this was bootloader or system HDD issue - why would it also affect USB booting (even when all HDD unplugged)?

Comment

Well not sure what all you guys have discussed or found out while I was away, but I see on page one you are using Fail Safe BIOS settings as a starting point, this is not good.

Explain to me why you are booting from USB, if your windows is on hard drive? That doesn't make sense to me, so please explain further.

If you want to switch from AHCI to IDE you can easy if you are using Windows 7 or Vista. All you need to do is make the following registry edits, then you can switch between any of the three disk modes.

Enable switching between all IDE/AHCI/RAID modes by changing "Start" Values in these keys to 0
                Code:
                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci\Start
                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide\Start  
                HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStorV\Start
                You need to be starting with Optimized Defaults in the BIOS, not Fail Safe, this could be part of your issues. If you want me to advise you on optimal settings please load Optimized and save/apply/reboot F10 BACK to BIOS and set your disk settings again, then set any other changes you want and give me your new current settings and I will advise back.

Comment

Okay, so here's my explanation and I'm going to try and make it very clear (sorry if my English is not stellar, I'm not a native speaker).
                  My set up is like this: Windows 7 on SATA internal HDD, bunch of other HDDs for data. No other OSes but Windows 7.
                  Why am I booting from USB? Because that's the only way I found that can use my computer now, since it stopped booting from hard drive. It doesn't even start booting from HDD. It this was Windows issue I think there would be at least *some* error indicating a problem.
                  So, I went ahead and installed Ubuntu on USB stick to be able to use Internet at least.
                  Why do I think this is hardware issue with motherboard? Because this behaviour is not new but it was not persistent in the past. I disregarded it thinking it was due to overclocking but apparently it's not.
                  As for the BIOS settings - no, I don't start with fail-safe settings. I reset CMOS, adjust drives settings and boot. I tried Optimized Defaults and it also didn't work. I can try it again later, though.
                  Also, I can't change Windows registry without bootinginto Windows and I can't boot into Windows. AHCI worked fine for all this time. I did try to boot with SATA set to IDE and it (again) just stopped at the same point - Verifying DMI pool data.
                  My guess - mobo doesn't start boot sequence for HDDs or whatever it supposed to do.

When I load Optimized Defaults - what settings do you think I should change/set?

Comment

Thanks!

So there is a problem with your windows 7 install startup then correct? Have you tried to correct this yet? Windows will repair startup issues using the DVD, did you try that already? If not please do, put in your install disk and choose repair and then on the next screen choose repair startup. That should fix any problems with your startup, you may need to do this twice. Do you know what initially caused your windows to fail booting?

As for BIOS settings, not trying to argue, but yes the settings you posted on page one are starting from Fail Safe settings for sure, so you may have just not realized you kept that as a starting point with all your troubleshooting trying various things. You should load optimized though for sure and start again.

Yes, you would not be able to boot IDE if you installed AHCI without making those registry changes, so that is out of the question until you can.

Verifying DMI pool is the end, I mean there is where the BIOS hands over everything to the OS.

After loading optimized you should save/apply/reboot F10 BACK to the BIOS. Then once in the BIOS again go set your AHCI settings again, and then your ram voltage and anything else you know you need to change in the MIT section.

Have you tested your Boot drive with win7 on it, to be sure it is not partially faulty or has died on you? If not you may want to do that as well, using the manufacturer diagnostic tools. If you need a link to those let me know what drive it is and I will link you.

Comment

Not arguing :) Just didn't know that those are fail-safe.
                      So, I'm going to try using Win7 rescue disk, if that fails - Acronis Recovery disk, if that fails - I'll try to install windows on spare space on one of the drives to see if it boots.
                      But, help me with this - if this is Windows - why has this been going on and off for months now and why does it also affect USB boot? This I don't understand.

Comment

Cool, cool! Ya, you had fail safe settings posted.

I can tell by a few settings when users post, which they are starting with, and that is why we always ask for settings up front instead of providing ones to use first.

I think the windows 7 disk will be able to repair your startup issue, it can usually fix that with a try or two. If it says done and does not work the first time try letting it correct it a second time, sometimes this is needed.

I am not sure what you mean, what is affecting USB Boot?

Comment

Yeah, I'll try that.
                          I mean, that the same not-booting-and-stuck-at-DMI issue also happens when I boot from USB stick. I posted about it earlier here (sorry, posting from phone, can't find the post). It takes a bit of CMOS-Resetting and PSU-turning-off to een boot from USB. That's why it looks suspiciously hardware.

Comment

Ahh ok, thanks!

That is probably due to incorrect BIOS settings causing the system to stall or freeze. Once you get your windows sorted I can help you with settings if you want

Comment

Okay. But what if I will be unable to make windows to boot?

Comment

Well try the repair on the install disk a few times and see if it fixes it, otherwise you may need to do a clean install.

If I was there I could fix it manually, but it is too hard to explain how to to that from here really. All your files and such will remain if you do a clean install, the whole old install will be moved to a folder called windows.old, so you can go get your music, docs, ect and move to your new install then delete that folder when you are done.

Comment

Working...
                                X