Best Bios Version For EP45-UD3R rev.1.0 & Q9550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Bios Version For EP45-UD3R rev.1.0 & Q9550

Last edited by APC1; 04-11-2010, 12:45 PM.

Re: Best Bios Version For EP45-UD3R rev.1.0 & Q9550

I find F6 the only reliable BIOS for the same board, same revision.

Having tried F7 before it got pulled, and F8, and been bitterly disappointed - I'd stick at F6.

Board itself leaves something to be desired in the BIOS backup department, the dual chips don't actually work very well if you're unlucky enough to get corruption on the actual chip which runs your OS.

Comment

Originally posted by Muth View Post
      I find F6 the only reliable BIOS for the same board, same revision.
      I thought you have the EP45T-UD3R.

Comment

Like many others, I have several PC's.

Were you being facetious, or trying to assist the OP?

Comment

Originally posted by Muth View Post
          Were you being facetious, or trying to assist the OP?
          Ypu describe the same BIOSs as in your EP45T thread, and this board BIOS F7 is still on the GB site and latest is F12.
          What do you think?

Comment

I suggest whatever the latest is for the model in question, latest beta that is posted here (F12, so not beta right now I guess)

As for your settings, you could write them down but I really advise you dont because they wont always work anyway and if you end up basing your opinions on the new BIOS not working with the old BIOS settings then you will not be giving it a chance and go back for no reason. Best to act like you just got the PC when you update your BIOS, and tweak and test all over again.

If you are unsure about flashing, please use Qflash or DOS. DO NOT USE @BIOS!!

Here is a guide on flashing, if you need more help let us know

Comment

Comment

Yes, you can save the whole BIOS with profiles included or just the profiles, but do not use hte profiles with a new BIOS though.

To save the profile only go into the MAIN page of the BIOS and hit F11 to save profile, then choose to HDD with USB already plugged in. You must also have USB Storage Detect/Legacy USB Storage enabled.

To save the whole F3 BIOS with all profiles and setting currently in it, install @BIOS and use the save current BIOS to disk. DO NOT use this program to update your BIOS, ONLY to save with.

Yes, from the three files all you will need on your USB is the EP45UD3R.F12 file. Then reboot to Qflash by pressing END Key at boot time or F8 on the MAIN page of the BIOS, USB will show up as HDD or Floppy in Qflash.

Comment

Hello

To save my actual bios and profiles -save the whole BIOS with profiles included- can i use the option "Save Bios to drive" that i have seen in Qflash utilty 2.06?

Another Question

When i update my bios, the option In QFlash utility "Keep DMI Data" must be setting as "ENEBLED" as by default?

And the option In QFlash utility "Load CMOS Default" must be setting as "ENEBLED" as by default?

Is it rigth?

Thanks

Comment

Yes, in Qflash you can BIOS to your drive that way. I am not sure though if profiles are included when you do it with Qflash, it may just save the default BIOS. So just to be sure also use @BIOS to save it as well.

No real need though, you wont be able to view it and you should not use the profiles or settings from it, and you should not go back to that BIOS either. But yes, you can save it all any way you want.

Disable "Keep DMI Data"

Yes, leave optimized enabled, but also manually load that in the BIOS after you are done flashing, then save/apply F10 and reboot BACK to the BIOS. Then make all your needed SATA/Disk settings changes and any others you want to make before loading windows again.

Good luck, I will see you later today or tonight.

Comment

Thanks for your help.

Upgrade to F12 bios version OK.

Now I have started a new thread to OC my Q9550 E0 CPU. If you cuold help me I would appreciate. The thread is

Another Q9550 + EP45-UD3R Oveclocking

Thanks

Comment

I posted you some thoughts, hope that helps.

If not let me know your new settings in that thread and I will advise again

Comment

Working...
                        X