GA-X58A-UD3R never returns from sleep mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-X58A-UD3R never returns from sleep mode

System is a GA-X58A-UD3R with F5 bios, i7 930 cpu and 6gb (3x2gb) Kingston HyperX ddr3 1600 memory running Windows 7 Pro. After unit goes to sleep, when I try to wake it up, it starts and stops 20 or 30 times then hangs with all Memory LEDS lit. Memory is installed triple channel in white slots per manual. All 3 mem leds lit green, but it never goes out. Memory now set to [email protected]. I've tried various settings, but it's difficult to find expert help for this board. I'm guessing this is just a memory setting? Is this a common problem and anyone have the solution? Thanx -- Mike

Re: GA-X58A-UD3R never returns from sleep mode

is f5 the latest bios? and are 9-9-9-27 the standard timing for that ram?
    Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
    Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
    Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
    Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
    Dual Boot
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
    Ati x1950 pro gpu
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    1050w psu
    Nzxt lexa case
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

Hi, yes, F5 is latest bios and [email protected] is what Kingston lists as the correct settings. The board defaults to setting it to 1T. I am trying 2T now just in case. The symptoms are, it goes to sleep. when I wake it up, it tries and tries to start and finally hangs with all LEDS on the DDR and CPU line (to the right of the mem slots) lit, none of them red. It looks as if the memory doesn't load all the way? The leds where there are mem sticks in the slots are green, the empty slots are yellow (presumably). So far, short of stopping it from falling asleep, I have to power off and restart. Windows resumes, but it takes a while. Power supply is 650W Corsair. Video card is EVGA 260 w/1.8gb onboard. DVD is LG Blu-Ray. No floppy. USB card reader in 3.5" bay.

Comment

i think it might be bios,the ud5 board was the same it took a while for a bios to come out that fixed it s3 sleep resume,i think the same things happening with the ud5a
        Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
        Dual Boot
        Ati x1950 pro gpu
        1050w psu
        Nzxt lexa case

Comment

Yes, I'll bet that's it. Is there an older version of the bios that does not do it? I can live with it till they fix it. When I backed the ram off to 1066, it worked okay. I'm trying some other things to see. I don't need to overclock this system, it just needs to be very stable. The board came with F4 loaded and I THINK (I can't remember now) F4 did the same thing and hung on coming out of Sleep Mode.

Comment

thers a beta bios out for your board you might wanna try it,im using a beta bios infact its all i use they contain all the latest fixes months before they appear on gigabytes website there 100% stable too

Dual Boot
            Ati x1950 pro gpu
            1050w psu
            Nzxt lexa case

Comment

I noticed that I couldn't pull my UD3R out of sleep either so it's probably a BIOS issue.

Comment

It may be a BIOS issue, are you guys overclocking? If so please test at stock and see if the issue remains.

Sometimes it takes until F7-F9 or so BIOS versions before they get all the sleep bugs worked out.

It works fine for me on UD7 at 4.2Ghz, since the F6a BIOS (Did not use any previous ones). So they may have just not corrected the UD3R BIOS yet, or you have some incorrect settings possibly? You must be 100% stable to resume from S3 sleep, so be sure you are testing for stability before you are thinking something else is causing the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Part View Post
                  System is a GA-X58A-UD3R with F5 bios, i7 930 cpu and 6gb (3x2gb) Kingston HyperX ddr3 1600 memory running Windows 7 Pro. After unit goes to sleep, when I try to wake it up, it starts and stops 20 or 30 times then hangs with all Memory LEDS lit. Memory is installed triple channel in white slots per manual. All 3 mem leds lit green, but it never goes out. Memory now set to [email protected]. I've tried various settings, but it's difficult to find expert help for this board. I'm guessing this is just a memory setting? Is this a common problem and anyone have the solution? Thanx -- Mike
                  Hello Mike,

I have almost the same setup and im just trying to get descent numbers on the stock fan nothing crazy. But what i really want is to setup the ram correctly in the bios. Could you or anyone guide me on the best setting for the kingston hyperx ddr3 pc3 14400 ram? Also is it a good idea to uninstall the easy tune?
                  <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Comment

Originally posted by stacker20 View Post
                    Hello Mike,

I have almost the same setup and im just trying to get descent numbers on the stock fan nothing crazy. But what i really want is to setup the ram correctly in the bios. Could you or anyone guide me on the best setting for the kingston hyperx ddr3 pc3 14400 ram? Also is it a good idea to uninstall the easy tune?
                    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
                    keep easytune just to monitor your settings but never use it to overclock with,do all that stuff in the bios its more stable,what do you want to clock too?with stock fan dontt go any higher than 3.2ghz and raise your memory multiplier to increase your memory speed,you wont use the full 1800mhz though unless you clock to 3.8ghz or use a different cpu multiplier but you can go above 1600mhz i think
                    Dual Boot
                    Ati x1950 pro gpu
                    1050w psu
                    Nzxt lexa case

Comment

Thanks for the response I see that you have a template to work from would you reccomend I use that? I think 3.0 or 3.1 on the stock fan. But if modify the bios and then check the cpu speed in windows and it stays the same...It doesn't change nor does it change in easy tune.
                      <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Comment

you need to enable c1e and eist in advanced cpu options in bios for the cpu to throttle when idle,you can try my guide but only set bclk to give you 3.2ghz,youll run too hot @3.8ghz with stock fan
                        Dual Boot
                        Ati x1950 pro gpu
                        1050w psu
                        Nzxt lexa case

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Part View Post
                          Yes, I'll bet that's it. Is there an older version of the bios that does not do it? I can live with it till they fix it. When I backed the ram off to 1066, it worked okay. I'm trying some other things to see. I don't need to overclock this system, it just needs to be very stable. The board came with F4 loaded and I THINK (I can't remember now) F4 did the same thing and hung on coming out of Sleep Mode.
                          any luck with that beta bios?
                          Dual Boot
                          Ati x1950 pro gpu
                          1050w psu
                          Nzxt lexa case

Comment

i made the changes. in the hardware monitor for easy tune what is a good temp in Celsius and in Fahrenheit?

Comment

try to stay under 40c for both but 40-42c is acceptable,if you look in the overclocking/monitoring tools on main page download realtemp or everest it will give you your core temeratures which is always the best place to take temps from

^^^ see the difference in easytune and everest?? always take readings from coretemps, for full load try to keep below 80c
                              Last edited by warren300; 04-09-2010, 04:57 PM.
                              Dual Boot
                              Ati x1950 pro gpu
                              1050w psu
                              Nzxt lexa case

Comment

Working...
                              X