Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-X58A-UD5 and Corsair CMD12GX3M6A1600C8

Originally posted by Jean-Luc View Post
    Thank you Warren and sorry if I got a bit angry. As you can imagine, I haven't slept a lot :) I guess I didn't express myself correctly, the guy didn't suggest me to put my 6700 on the motherboard. He told me, I should try and get an "older" cpu (socket 1366) and put it on the motherboard to try and use it to boot and flash the bios to the version F2 which is compatible with the 680X.
    Anyway, I finally managed to contact the reseller and I will send back the hardware and get a refund. According to their records, the motherboard was ordered at the start of March so it should have the right bios, but they weren't sure since they don't get them directly from Gigabyte and they could have been in storage for a while. They did offer me to come and have it flashed by them but it's 300 kilometers from where I live and I have no car, so I preferred shipping it back.
    Anyway, I hope I will be luckier next time, I guess if it had worked, it would have been a pretty nice computer

Thank you again for your help and I hope, no hard feeling :)

Jean-Luc
    wont the let you post it to them for flashing and them post it back to you first? then if it still doesnt work maybe a refund??
    Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
    Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
    Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
    Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
    Dual Boot
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
    Ati x1950 pro gpu
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    1050w psu
    Nzxt lexa case
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

Thanks for the pics! Socket looks fine

Sorry I didn't notice you said 980X! Yes you will need at least F4 BIOS for 980X, and the board may have shipped out with F3 or lower.

You will need to borrow a CPU or possibly take it to a shop where they will let you borrow one for a quick flash.

All you need is a flash, I know it might be difficult for you to find a CPU to do this with but I wouldn't ship everything back until I was absolutely sure I could not find a 920 to flash with.

That is probably the only issue, of course it could always be something else as well but we would never know unless you find a 920 or you could also buy a cheap dual core 1366 to flash with. Some of the older dual core 1366's are fairly cheap and should work fine as they would be added into the BIOS CPU Support from F1 onwards since they are already in the previous gen. 1 boards. Sometimes you can get them for $100 on ebay, let me know if you want to know the models I am referring to, or if you already sent this back.

Comment

Comment

Woaa! $90 to get flashed! Ouch!

I'd charge you $5 for my time, if that! I'd charge you nothing really personally, I mean I would charge $5 if I was a business. That's insane, what was their actual charge for the flashing itself in US $?

What I would do then is keep the board, buy a 920 locally and flash it, then return the 920 same day and say you want a refund

Comment

LED Error POST code 89 has been confirmed to be incompatible CPU, as well as b8/68

88 is dead CPU, but can also be dead/incompatible PSU or dead motherboard.
            Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-14-2010, 12:41 AM.

Comment

just want to add this from mactin,he has had very similar symptoms as jean-luc so i would say its bios not compatible with the new 980x chip

heres quote from mactin

It has been a few days sinse my last post.
              Everything is solved. The whole system is up 100%.
              I would like to thank all of you who helped me.

What happened ?
              I took it to a local computer shop and they updated the BIOS to version F5 using a "spare" i7-920.
              They put back the -980x and it worked.

Now I have to make sure F5 is in the spare BIOS. In case there is trouble ever again.
              I cant beleive Gigabyte gave BAD information. Well, that's life.
              Now, let's start folding
              Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
              Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
              Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
              Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
              Dual Boot
              1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
              1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
              Ati x1950 pro gpu
              Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
              1050w psu
              Nzxt lexa case
              http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

Working...
              X