Installed New Cooler, Power Keeps Looping, Can't Roll Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed New Cooler, Power Keeps Looping, Can't Roll Back

Can someone please help me, I've been at this for 4 hours and I'm seriously contemplating quitting PC computing.

I went install a new Zalman cooler on my UD3P, got everything nice and tight, went to turn on, the power keeps looping.

I pulled everything out and set the MB on a cardboard slab, and just connected the power wires. Same problem. I removed all the ram except one stick, still same problem.

Went to another PSU, same problem. Decided to remove the new cooler and put the old cooler back on, same problem.

The power starts a the LED lights go on, then everything shuts off, boom 1 second. And then loops like that continuously.

I've had it, should've been a 30 minutes job, now I've spent half my night.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Re: Installed New Cooler, Power Keeps Looping, Can't Roll Back

Apparently removing the CMOS battery IN THE MIDDLE OF THE POWER ON CYCLE fixes the problem. Because it's a normal thing to when installing a new cooler.

Comment

Nice to see you got it, that is what I was about to suggest once I saw you say the stock cooler also presented the same issues.

I thought you had a short until you said that about the stock cooler. Be sure you either load one of your saved BIOS profiles, or start over again and load optimized defaults since you cleared the CMOS.

So all is well now then? If so great, post back anytime if you have any other issues.

Comment

As mad as I am and I don't understand it all the way, at least it works again. I tried removing the CMOS batterry but only when the power was off. Not sure why I did it in the middle of power cycle but that did the trick.

Comment

Right, at least it works now! Next time, just remove the battery with the system off and your PSU unplugged, usually only takes 2-3 minutes if that to clear it. You can also leave the battery in and put a jumper on the (2) Clear CMOS Pins to clear it, you will find them near the battery

Comment

Working...
          X