Need Help OC'ing E6420 + GA-EP35-DS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need Help OC'ing E6420 + GA-EP35-DS4

Ahh, Hmm. I ask that because that's what CPU they likely used in testing the board.

Not sure what this would be then since they said it was fine, I doubt it could be PSU or GFX card. Does it act the same without any hard drives connected? You could test in a "Live" CD system

Comment

Yeah, no hard drives were connected when I tried it last with those 2 different power supplies.

Comment

Have you tested each memory slot as mentioned above by ProfJim? Might be a faulty slot causing issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          Have you tested each memory slot as mentioned above by ProfJim? Might be a faulty slot causing issues.
          Yes, I got around to doing this. I got the same results.

The board has something wrong, plain and simple. I would like to get it replaced.

I'm sorry but I'm done trying anything else with this board, I know it's bad. I'm looking forward to hearing what a Gigabyte employee has to say to me on the phone tomorrow.

I'm tired of beating around the bush - Replace this defective board... Just tell me a yes or a no - Don't make me have to send the board to you twice, the first time being sent back with no documentation on what was tried or used, or found out.

This is ridiculous... I'm guessing when Gigabyte received this board some schluff put a CPU in, fired the board on, made sure it POST... then voila, RMA complete, and sent back to you a week later. I'm convinced no testing of CPU Host Clock Control functionality was pursued.

Comment

I'm very sorry for all this you've been having to deal with!!

Please do let me know what they tell you when you call them. If you remember also please ask whom you are talking to, in case I end up talking this over with someone, that way I can let them know who handled your call.

Comment

I just talked to Ching at Technical Support and Jason from RMA. They both simply told me that Gigabyte will not RMA a motherboard because it won't overclock. Gigabyte can't guarantee overclocking.

They told me they stress tested the motherboard 24 hours within Windows at stock speeds and everything ran fine.

My main issue with this situation is this - why didn't I get any documentation back stating what they tried and if it worked fine ?

I've wasted my time and little bit of money just to hear Gigabyte employees tell me they don't guarantee their boards to overclock. I told them - "Well you sure as hell market them like they do".

Comment

Well that simply sucks, I know they don't support overclocking in general, but that answer is terrible. They host Worldwide overclocking championships and know people overclock everyday with their boards, I can't believe they told you that.

Maybe your best bet would be to sell it and buy a different model? Sorry to say that, but without breaking it on purpose it sounds like they are not going to help.

Did you offer to take a refurb board instead of a new one? That would save them money anyway, and a refurb should work just fine.

Comment

No they only offered to replace it with the same exact model of board this second RMA. Jason from RMA said that He was even going out of his way to do this for me. I asked if they could send me a cheaper MicroATX board or something equivalent as long as it it is not the same board. Jason wouldn't agree, he told me he could only replace it with another board of the exact same model (GA-EP35-DS4).

I'm irate... Does this company really think a customer is not going to be irate about sending product back a second time that should have been replaced the first time it was sent across this country ? You're going to cheat me out of my time and shipping costs twice ? I've never had that experience buying any product before.

Gigabyte... good product from my experience, but bad support from the experience. I have a feeling it's like this with a lot of companies.

Comment

Same exact model would be fine for sure, as long as it's a different board. Because it's NOT Normal AT ALL for you not to be able to change the FSB, so a second board that is not yours for sure should work just fine.

Jason is a good guy, I've spoke with him a few times myself, so that sounds like something I would expect him to offer. I'd accept that, and ask them to please ensure you do not get your same exact board back, refurb or new it should overclock no problem.

They offered to switch the board out for you, sounds like good service to me. I agree, the shipping twice sucks though, and the waiting, but it is the policy and they are going out of their way to offer you a different board in this case.

I feel for you and know where you are coming from, but I'd for sure accept this and be sure to let Jason know that you would like him to ENSURE that you do not get the same motherboard sent back to you again.

Comment

Hmmm, I asked for them to ensure not send me the same board back the first time. If I can sell this board for $50 I am happy. I might decide to RMA it a second time, and hopefully not get the same board back.

To be honest I think I might get a box of dog poop back from them dealing with me on the phone.

Comment

Well if you decide to send it back, just be sure to email Jason first and remind him of this and your discussions / his offer, and then put Attn. Jason on the RMA as well with a note inside it to remind him.

Comment

Working...
                        X