Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I dont know what is atfault need some help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont know what is atfault need some help.

I posted on these forums a while ago. my gigabyte UD3R X58 mobo was taking along time to boot up and was turning on and off repeatedly. So i sent it back to gigabyte. they said one of the pins was bent and that they had straightened it and it worked fine in their test's. So when i got it back and rebult my rig suprise surpise it did not work properly now. My system would boot for 3 seconds now. So i decided to start testing my other hardware. all parts were tested on my friends core i7 rig his board is asus. Processor did not work on his pc his processor works on my board with my ram and PSU attached. So it was clear to me the processor was poorly. So i sent it back to scan were i bought it from. i just got an email saying that the processor is not faulty that they had tested it and it was fine WTF? i hate PC i just dont know what else the issue can be. I am testing my processor in a friends pc when i get it back. Processor came back not faulty from scan however. Can someone tell me what on earth could be the fault with my pc. Seems to be my board is just funny with my cpu now maybe the bent pin caused something to go wrong with the two?
    Core i7 C0, gigabyte UD3R x58 mobo, corsair 6gb DDR3 1333 memory, corsair 750W HX psu, asus xonar dx sound card, WD 500gb 32mb cache hdd.

Re: I dont know what is atfault need some help.

So what actually happens, can you desribe that in more detail? It's hard to make a diagnosis without knowing the exact symptoms :)

Defective CPUs are extremely rare. The CPU may not have worked in friend's PC because it has a newer stepping and his board still had an older BIOS.

Comment

My friends cpu is a c0 like mine. when i power up my computer pc stays powered up for around 3 seconds and then turns off and turns on again and powers down for 3 seconds, it just continuesly does this. Scan tested my cpu today and said its fine.
      Core i7 C0, gigabyte UD3R x58 mobo, corsair 6gb DDR3 1333 memory, corsair 750W HX psu, asus xonar dx sound card, WD 500gb 32mb cache hdd.

Comment

I think the term of my problem is the reboot loop. comes on for 3 seconds shuts down reboots and just does this forever.

Comment

try with one stick of ram in the first white slot from cpu,it should boot up if alls well,also it could be your brand of ram
          Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
          Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
          Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
          Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
          Dual Boot
          1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
          1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
          Ati x1950 pro gpu
          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
          1050w psu
          Nzxt lexa case
          http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

If that doesn't help, the next thing I would look for is an electrical short circuit somewhere, especially around the I/O shield that fits around the rear panel I/O ports. Sometimes one of the grounding "fingers" can get misaligned and end up inside a port and causing a short.

remove all external connections, especially anything that plugs into a USB port. Does behavior change?

Other potential areas to check are that the CPU cooler is properly mounted and not in contact with any of the motherboard components.

Another area to check/verify is that the chassis standoffs are properly placed/aligned, and that there are no "extras" contacting the motherboard in an inappropriate location.
            EP45-UD3P 1.1
            QX9770 @ 3.6Ghz (formerly E8500 @ 3.6Ghz)
            4 X Corsair XMP2 DDR2 800 RAM
            Sapphire HD5850 1GB
            Ceton InfiniTV4 cablecard tuner
            Apple 23 inch Cinema display + Dell SR2320L

Comment

Like i said gigabyte tested the board and said one of the pins was bent and staightened it and sent it back. my lodgers core i7 worked fine in the board mine doesnt however. processor has just been found nto faluty by scan. my a friend is going to test the cpu for me when i get it back to double check. @WARREN my ram has been working fine since the summer i got. its corsair 1333.

Comment

I also test the board out of the case with nothing else attached.

Comment

Until i get my processor back im leaving my battery out and i have have put a jumper block over the CLR cmos reset. i have never used the jumper blocks just a screwdriver. mine board has 4 pins bunched together i put the block on the 2 pins to the right is this correct? also will this work with no power going through my board? Can i take a battery out of an old motherboard and try it in my board?
                  Last edited by dmxdex2020; 03-11-2010, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Removing the battery is enough to clear the CMOS, it's needed for stuff to be saved in there.

Comment

I have heard of people solving this reboot loop by holding down insert on boot does this work? I also have something else ive never ever been able to get my head around. When i first bought my motherboard in the summer my ram timings are reading the correct cas timings of 9-9-924. few months later after a fee bios changes my ram timings are always reported at 8-8-8-20 now?

Comment

Working...
                      X