Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob needs help wityh BIOS settings on EP45-UD3P

Hi everyone,

I've just built my first computer and while it is for the most part working well, some games cause consistent BSOD or hard crashes requiring reboots. I've tried several solutions, including updating my drivers and extensive memtest86 testing and I haven't found any problems. Someone on another board suggested that I might look into adjusting my BIOS settings because (according to him) Gigabyte board can be fussy about certain settings regarding memory. I've tried reading through the sticky at the top but I can't figure it out.

Anyhow, here's what I've got: a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P with 2 1GB DDR2 PC2-8500 memory modules and Windows 7 32 bit. Any advice on how I should tweak the BIOS to optimize the performance of my rig? I'm not interested in overclocking, just getting it to work properly.

Let me know if there's anything else you need to know, and thanks in advance!

-Xelvonar

Re: Noob needs help wityh BIOS settings on EP45-UD3P

If you have not loaded BIOS optimized defaults, please do so, and apply any changes needed like disk boot order, RAID etc.

If it is a memory related issue, increasing MCH Core might be all you need, try int the range of 1.16-1.2v.
    Further tweaking for optimal performance may be possible. Pleas follow steps 1, 2, & 4, in this post to provide additional information.

Comment

I changed the voltage and it has helped with some problems, but not others. What steps 1, 2, and 4 were you referring to in the post above?

Comment

Opps, sorry I have forgot to add the link. Wouldn't work now anyway, and I can't find it.
        Will take us some to recover from board update, sorry.

What problems are rersolved and which are not? What MCH Core you have set now?

Comment

I haven't done extensive testing, but one game that was freezing (TorchLight) is working like a charm. Sims 3 still crashes. I'm going to try some of the other games later and also a re-install of Sims 3. I've got the MCH voltage at +1.20.

Comment

Working...
          X