X58A-UD7 settings reset after shutdown from Win7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: X58A-UD7 settings reset after shutdown from Win7

Ya, I will test with F7p or F7q or above.

I will enable it when I am ready to shut down for the night, then it will be left for 6-8 hours. This will be at 4.2Ghz

Comment

K, I tested with F7p and it was a failed attempt.

The system was shut down for 5 hours with ErP enabled, on bootup it failed to post instantly and of course restarted. The CMOS was not fully cleared (Still had saved profiles), Clock was reset, and fail safe settings were loaded/defaulted to.

I sent in another report to GBT Taiwan tonight to see if they could look into this again, so hopefully the BIOS engineers will look and maybe come up with a solution soon. I think the issue is 1W is not enough to keep the CMOS powered, thus it resets, but I am no engineer so it's just a guess.

I'll keep you guys posted once I hear something back on this.
      Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 06-09-2010, 04:43 AM.

Comment

Ok, not sure how many of you are following this thread still, or dealing with this issue currently, but Gigabyte has tested and been unable to replicate our findings.

They would like to contact you directly, please send me a PM for further details.

Comment

thanks for this update- try shutting your computer down- if you don't clear the cmos, it will restart itself 5 sec after shutdown (even if shutdown from bios)
          I know of several other people with this same issue. I just tested EUP OFF for 20 hours plug pulled and the clock did not reset (further confirmation battery is fine, and EUP is the fault)

Comment

I know some boards have an issue shutting down/rebooting due to the ITE Chip, this happens when turbo is enabled and RAID is selected
            GA-X58A-UD7 ITE Chip Problem

Comment

sounds similar- while i do have turbo enabled, I have never enabled any raid options...
              it might be related though!

Comment

It could just be due to the EuP crash issues, I had the same thing happening this morning, that is how I found that thread again.

I did notice it in the past once before though testing something at stock for someone, I never use turbo myself so I've only ran into it a time or two, the above should fix it up for you if you have not already fixed it.

Thanks for the reminder on the clock reset I forgot this also happens, added that into my above description of the issue as I tested it.

Comment

had a hard-freeze including cursor- everything on the f7p bios under idle conditions (light use web browsing- under load is fine)... these same settings passed a 300 pass linx and 24 hours of prime at max priority on f6 (release)
                  it was just a once off. have bumped vcore a bit.

in your experience do these f7 betas need a bit more core than earlier ones?

I suspect LLC causing as drop while idle caused the issue. unbder load it was fine (and this was the only hard freeze after a week of use on this bios, and after 1-2 months at 4200ghz same voltages on f6)
                  Last edited by Oblique; 06-12-2010, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Not sure, I have only used F7e onwards

What LLC setting are you using? I use Level 1 and have not had any issues, I can say though between versions you can't always use the same settings so you might just need more vcore for these BIOSes is all. Give it a small bump and you should be fine if that is the case

Comment

hi guys. can anyone confirm if this issue has been addressed yet? (the EUP one)

Comment

See my reply at #63, that was their final thoughts to me on this issue.

Comment

the ball is rolling...

Comment

Ya I was cc'd on the email from Colin, let me know how things workout and what you guys decide to do.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X