GA-P55M-UD2/Error 55 and random crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P55M-UD2/Error 55 and random crashes

I have the GA-P55M-UD2 motherboard with an i7 760 CPU. I'm running 4-2GB G-Skill F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK memory sticks. System is not overclocked and running default memory timings.

I get Error 55 when doing full backups and sometimes defragging. This has happened on 3 different hard drives and all 3 drives have no errors when tested on other systems. I'm also getting random crashes in Cakewalk Sonar which is a music recording application. System logs will show Application Hang error messages on multiple programs. Saves in Sonar are corrupted when reloading and I have to go back to earlier saved files to load in a project that isn't corrupt. This has now happened a couple times. There are no errors on the hard drive when the save corruption occurs. It appears that the project and samples loaded in memory have been corrupted which is causing the multiple saves to be corrupted. The loaded project uses about 4 GB of memory as it has samples of instruments loaded.

My system has 2 OS loaded. The Windows XP x64 Pro partition is the only one having any errors. The other partition, Windows XP x86 version is working fine and has n ever had any errors.

I've run Memtest and the Microsoft memory tester overnight and no memory errors have occurred. It appears that there may still be a memory issue when memory usage is high on the x64 partition. Any ideas?

Jim

Re: GA-P55M-UD2/Error 55 and random crashes

try setting qpi and ram voltage manually,try with 1.25000 qpi voltage and 1.66 ram,set all timing manually and set system performance enhance to standard,then see if it hangs/crashes
    Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
    Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
    Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
    Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
    Dual Boot
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
    1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
    Ati x1950 pro gpu
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    1050w psu
    Nzxt lexa case
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

I upped the voltage to 1.6 but memtest reported errors. Backed it down to the default of 1.5 volts and 8-8-8-24 timings. Ran memtest overnight without any errors. I also set the performance enhance to standard. Will do more testing with the apps being loaded. Unfortunately, it can take hours for the error to occur which makes this a hard one to track down.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by haydn12 View Post
        I upped the voltage to 1.6 but memtest reported errors. Backed it down to the default of 1.5 volts and 8-8-8-24 timings. Ran memtest overnight without any errors. I also set the performance enhance to standard. Will do more testing with the apps being loaded. Unfortunately, it can take hours for the error to occur which makes this a hard one to track down.

Jim
        what qpi voltage are you using?auto will overvolt it
        Gigabyte ex58-ud5 f12 bios
        Intel i7 920 d0 @3.8ghz 24/7-normal cpu voltage 1.18750v/c1e/turbo/multi threading enabled
        Ocz reaper DDR3 PC3-14400 (1800MHz) 3x2gb (OCZ3RPR1800LV6GK) [email protected]
        Thermolab Baram cpu cooler
        Dual Boot
        1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-win7 ultimate 64
        1xsamsung 750gb hard drive-windows xp pro 32
        Ati x1950 pro gpu
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        1050w psu
        Nzxt lexa case
        http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3w377.jpg <=3.8ghz overclock template

Comment

qpi voltage is at 1.100

Jim

Comment

Hi mate

it sounds like RAM but it could be other things. Best thing to do is try downloading superpi application and run 32M test http://www.techpowerup.com/wizzard/super_pi_mod.exe

this app is more intense on the RAM and memory controller and in most cases will be able to pick up an issue with RAM :)

P55 boards ive tested Ive found QPI voltage of 1.26-1.32 is a good mix with 1.66vdimm (more if you are pushing ram hard)
            GIGABYTE Australia

Comment

Working...
            X