Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Trouble Getting my E8500 to overclock on a GA EP45 UD3LR Motherboard

Help!

I'm having a heck of a time getting this system to overclock without getting the reboot 2 times and revert back to default BIOS Settings.

Here's the stats:

Gigabyte P45 Motherboard (GAEP45 UD3LR) F5 Bios
    4x2GB (8GB) Crucial DDR2 1066 SDRAM Latency 7 1.8 volts
    E8500 Processor (not sure which batch) with an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 CPU fan.
    PNY Nvidia 9600GT Video card (512 MB) GDDR3
    Rosewill 550watt Power Supply.

There are more settings in the Gigabyte bios than there are knobs in a 747 ****pit, if someone can help me pump this little processor to over 4GHz that would be killer.

-PDX

Re: Help! Trouble Getting my E8500 to overclock on a GA EP45 UD3LR Motherboard

Originally posted by PDXGFX View Post
    I'm having a heck of a time getting this system to overclock without getting the reboot 2 times and revert back to default BIOS Settings.
    How do you mean revert to defalt? Are the settings in BIOS change or just not applied and you get the red warning when entering M.I.T?

Read this post, provide the additional information requested in steps 1-4, and we'll do our best to help you.

Comment

Thanks for the response

How do you mean revert to defalt? Are the settings in BIOS change or just not applied and you get the red warning when entering M.I.T?
      I can get it to commit in the BIOS just fine, when I enter the generic motherboard information which you kindly linked to earlier (thanks BTW). I found that thread in an earlier search. I used the BIOS settings in that thread as a default, saved the profile in the BIOS itself and then attempted to raise the bus speed to 400 Mhz (reducing the RAM multiplier so that it was actually running at 800Mhz with the new bus speed).

After commiting it to the Bios, the motherboard shuts the computer down completely, attempts to boot up but stops (no POST screen, video card identifier or anything) and shuts down again. It does this twice before reverting back to the last known good bios setting and boots normally. I believe this board has a dual-bios which it defaults to if a boot fails.

Looking at the current CPU temperature with the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 on it, it idles around 36c and peaks around 41c under normal operation. This is what I remember from a previous install of Sandra a while back.

I'll download the monitoring apps you link to and install them, my initial thought is that it's doing something that makes the 9600 GT an unhappy camper when I try to boost the speed but I would swear that I take it off auto when I go through the generic settings that you supply here.

-PDX

Comment

So the BIOS settings stay the same as you set them and you just see the applied values are default?
        36c idle and 41c load temps are core temps or CPU temps?
        Please post the screen capture requested, and full OC BIOS settings that fail.

Comment

I'll do that tonight.

-PDX

Comment

Working...
          X